BIONICLE 2015 Discussion Topic

Well, it’s not new and now anymore, that’s for sure.

6 Likes

I’m guessing early 2015

1 Like

Why are we just now finding one of G2’s only pieces of promotional material?

5 Likes

If it’s that difficult for die-hard fans like us to find it, imagine how much of a failure they must be at trying to capture a larger audience like they intended

4 Likes

Found this on my old computer, I don’t remember where I got it from. All I know is that it’s from a legitimate and contains important information concerning Bionicle G2.

6 Likes

Does it say anywhere that it’s from Lego?

Not sure, haven’t read it in about 2 years, I just remember the source being confirmed, but that was quite a while ago. You’re free to assume it’s fabricated.

1 Like

That was a leaked document that came out around the time of the leaks. TTV even spoke about it somewhen. It was where we first saw the term “Toa” being used in G2.

~W12~

5 Likes

Man that’s a blast from the past.

1 Like

My friends, it is over.
It has been a nice Ride.
Farewell dear Bionicle.

12 Likes

The art is not helping my sadness.

It’s amazing, but still.

NINJA EDIT: I just noticed something. G2 was a fan created name. They’ve used it for a while. They’re really connected with the fans.

5 Likes

Yeah, I really loved when they threw that classic reference to “Duty, Unity, Destiny!” into the last JtO episode. It really shows dedication and attention to detail.

1 Like

Honestly, I’m still bummed that G2 ended so soon. I’m more sad about it not being able to fully build up on its potential and our criticisms than I am the fact that this is probably the last time BIONICLE is ever mentioned by LEGO again.

The sets are superb, the animations were fun, and the first part to JtO will always be a highlight for me, despite a few criticisms I have towards it. If anything, I just wish that LEGO had given the go-ahead for a third year of story-driven media for the theme even without any sets coming out.

4 Likes

I appreciated that the team was such big fans of Bionicle. There was so much potential, especially in the art, that never came to fruition. Despite being happy about G2, I wish the team wasn’t so limited.

4 Likes

Like they were THAT horrible to begin with

It’s so depressing to even think about that it’s been almost a decade since we got G2 in early 2015. And, in just three years, it will be another decade since it got canceled in 2016. :weary:

I was (and somewhat still am.) one of those who heavily disliked G2 from the start for various reasons, but despite that, I was still sad and disappointed to see it go.

It had some pretty good to little better-than-average kits, but the Toa Masters were great sets, even with their overuse of gold and metallic parts considered.

Knowing now what this reboot could’ve been, thanks to Faber’s latest videos, it boggles the mind how TLG had let this massive disaster unfold.

Oh, well… Anyway.

RIP G2. “Rest In Pieces.”

I do hope so, that TLG has learned its lesson from this, and If ( :crossed_fingers: :exclamation:) They’re ever trying to do another Constraction line, be it a Gen-3, or a brand new theme, they won’t repeat the same mistakes with it!

Cheers! :clinking_glasses:

3 Likes

Why’d you have to do that to me man :disappointed:

7 Likes

still crazy that this actually happened

6 Likes

ah how the years go by…
i feel old

4 Likes

I had no idea Bionicle came back until I found a full shelf of them in a tourist town toystore on vacation. I was convinced it was an illegal knockoff and walked away; surely I’d have heard about the return of my greatest childhood love

A quick Internet search half a block away proved me wrong. I went back and bought two

7 Likes