BIONICLE 2015 Set Images Found!

I always thought the gear functions were awful

From the perspective of an eight year old (i.e. target audience), it’s pretty cool. Same with blaster gimmicks.

The target audience goes up to 14, I don’t remember being a 14 year old and liking the gear function. Well anyway we shall see when the sets come out, but I’m certain it’s going to be the sort of thing they stuck on the back of Furno XL.

Clearly visible handles on Onua’s back notwithstanding?

Also, I believe Greg saying on the LMBs that the target audience was 8-11 year old boys, the 12-14 age being an aside. It’s about that age that some people begin “growing out” of LEGO as well.

1 Like

I dont think the catelogue is up to date. the chest decals are wrong.

3 Likes

There’s an app for the I pad called brick by brick and they have High-def. pictures of 5 toa and the lord of skull spiders there.

They actually got those images from us or Just2Good

4 Likes

I know I am.

Just wish that it was on a Gravity related character.

Plot twist: Onua’s Earth powers are extended to include Gravity.

4 Likes

You’re my new favorite person :laughing:

Anyways, yes, on the subject of catalogs… aren’t those images the prelim ones?

Just2Good apparently got his from using the cache method on the Lego products page, as such it is possible though unlikely that they got it directly via this method

2 Likes

I’m curious to see if Onua or Lewa’s sets feature dual functionality in the weapons.

1 Like

They do. Onua’s hammer turns into Shredder Claws, and Lewa’s axe-swords turn into swords with axes on his lower arms.

1 Like

Haha you’re pretty late there, we’ve seen those for a while, but thanks, it’s the thought that counts :stuck_out_tongue:

On topic, glad to see those gear functions confirmed, I hope they don’t look to awkward. Interesting that they have that function with the masks being able to pop off though.

1 Like

The gears looking awkward isn’t what scares me, it is the fact that all their arms are disconnected from their bodies…

2 Likes

That’s what I meant, the positioning of the arms due to the gear function.

1 Like

I made a MOC up of Omega Tahu, and the arms don’t seem too far back from the torso. I even double checked with the pic of Pohatu’s gearbox. it’s the same distance back. 2 units.

2 Likes