BIONICLE 2015 Set Images Found!

Formidable. But not impregnable.
Observe:

point 1: motivation

Lego is, first and formost, a childs toy. Despite the success of biotubing, most bionicle fans have moved on. As a result Lego would have to draw in a new audience if they hope to even match the sales of bionicle before 2010.
If their primary goal is to attract new fans, it would be in their best interest to create something new using old pieces (isn’t that, after all, what legos are all about?).
In addition, it would give them a chance to rework a fully cohesive story, instead of working around the complicated past. If the story of bionicle is complicated to us (who had the better part of nine years to learn it) how complicated would it be to potential new fans? From a MMO standpoint, it is Legos best interest to build a new story with familiar characters.

Point 2: the evidence

granted the evidence is limitted, being little more than a few leaked pictures. But there is still enough to speculate.
The first is far less than foolproof… but I’ll mention it anyway.
The gold masks.
In the full display pic that was leaked a while back -and gave the first lumps of coal to our beloved hypetrain-, we see that each toa wears an elementally colored version of their mask (ie red for tahu), and includes a gold counterpart.
This implies a “quest for the mask” type story, similar to the first wave of bionicle in '01.
But what’s this? Tahu is wearing a red mask and must find a gold one?
This implies either he has lost his gold armor, or he is on the same level as his toa brothers (or at least, Onua and Kopaka), and not wearing the golden armor.
On that note, by comparing the gold shade of the mask to the “gold” on his armor, we see they are different. Lego has never been consistant year-to-year with the type of gold they use, but usually they have the decency to use the same type within one set.
Tahu’s mask is shiny gold, his arms are YELLOW. not golden armor.

The next point is that tahu is one of the three giant toa… but tahu mata is smaller tha his nuva brothers…
Now, I know what you’re thinking: “but, but… but. but” NO. Stop it. Tahu is huge. Bigger than half his team. And he’s gonna be 'spensive. Get over it.
Plus the other toa’s mask more closely reflect their classic 01 kanohi than their adaptive nuva counterparts (note the three scopes on Kopaka’s mask, as a opposed to the one which signifies the akaku nuva)

3 Likes

It’s who she is, it’s part of her character. That’s like asking why we even need to know her name.

2 Likes

And hopefully, someday along the line, we get Candlehead…

CANDLEHEAD DESERVES A FRIGGIN’ SET, LEGO!!

4 Likes

Your mom is unnecessarily gold.

1 Like

OK. Fair point.

I will probably buy Kopaka and Tahu, but the others are underwhelming. They just look like generic Hero factory-ish sets.

2 Likes

The gold looks ok but would of been better if the gold was clear blue or just white

your skull is unnecessarily gold

1 Like

i like that they bring purple back for earth

1 Like

YES!! It’s a dream come true!

BTW, I haven’t shared my official reaction to this news, so I will now:

7 Likes

Still waiting for the podcast episode. hope it comes out soon or else ill have to wait till tomorrow afternoon

2 Likes

Same here brotha.

2 Likes

Ditto.

1 Like

Haha you realize that by saying “ditto” to his “same here brotha” you were agreeing with him agreeing with you? Hahaha I love our little community and our disregard for logic. No insult intended at all, I just found it funny.

2 Likes

Now I will proceed to listen my bionicle song playlist in honour of this glorios moment and probably fall asleep as I do so.
Til bout 12hrs later fellow brethren!

3 Likes

I have now proceeded to cry. Thanks.

:stuck_out_tongue: I meant it in reply to Timmy’s post, but yeah, I derped

So long @Altron !

@JakuraNuva hahaha no problem. What do you think of the Ignika being back?

TBH, I’m very dubious. My instincts are telling me that it’s just a placeholder for the new golden Kanohi image we got a week ago.

2 Likes

You know, I hadn’t even thought of that but it makes perfect sense, that may be exactly it.

I just also realized that I’ll be very annoyed it the Toa’s masks don’t attach to their faces like before but instead use the more recent HF top-down attachment to their head.

Definitely.

On the topic of heads, I discussed with Aanchir on BZP how I’d rather have new heads similar to the Glatorian ones, rather than the HF: BA heads, which are faceless. It’s obvious that there will be some mask-attaching in the story, so faces with - well, faces - are kind of important to me.

2 Likes