BIONICLE 2015 Set Images Found!

Kopaka. I really like that he has something that might be a shield. It’s not Kopaka without a shield.

6 Likes

I’m kinda stuck between Tahu and Kopaka, they’re both great builds and really solid looking, and they keep the look of their original sets. I like them both a lot, though one complaint I have with Kopaka is that his lower legs look like they’ve been designed oddly near the knees.

2 Likes

They remind me of the Inika shin pieces.

Of the Guardians/Protectors/Defenders/I DON’T EVEN KNOW WH-I think my fav of them would be the Ice one. Seconded closely by the Earth one.

Of the Toa, likely Kopaka, but I dunno, Tahu and Lewa look pretty good, and I think I’m more partial to Onua than most here.

Overall, I’m diggin the Black and White in Full Force. :]

3 Likes

I’m really stoked about the printing some of them have on their chests. It’s something I had really wanted to see if Bionicle was to return - which now obviously it is :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Just noticed that the Defenders seem to be shooting Lego studs. If that’s an actual function, it’ll be awfully easy to lose those. :-/

3 Likes

I think they got unusually creative with the small sets and I like it. I also like the diverse use of the new launcher. Rather than them all just holding them they have them mounted in different ways, and I really like how the earth one’s is mounted in his chest and the stone one’s is in his staff.

1 Like

True dis.

!!!1!!1one!!!1!!!1!!!one!!!can’tstopwon’tstop!!!nobrakes!!!
Okay, more that that’s over with, I would like to say that Kopaka, Lewa (dat mask!), and Tahu are definitely looking great in these, though Tahu’s swords look a bit small. The pieces making his lavaboard and Kopaka’s shield look very cool. Onua looks… weird. And I can’t for the life of me tell why they called those things Skull Spiders. Sheesh…
That’s all for now.

1 Like

Yeah, I remember people asking where the Earth Protector’s launcher was and now I’m thinking, “It’s in his chest, oh brilliant!” Not sure I understand the launching mechanism though.

I must say, in the older display image I thought Gali’s mask looked like that of Nokama from LoMN. But now I’m not sure what it looks like. I’m okay with Pohatu’s mask because it does remind me of the Kakama, just in a new style. Not sure what to make of Lewa and Onua’s masks or weapons. Kopaka and Tahu look stunning and I am now clearing space on my bookshelf for them.

Unity Duty Destiny Muffins

1 Like

I think the idea with Tahu is that his lavaboard splits to form his primary weapons, the swords he holds in the picture are like spares so he can fight even while surfing. :wink:

3 Likes

Ooh, I hope this is right. The set just got way cooler.

1 Like

Guis.

Transblue propellers on Water Protector.

3 Likes

git hyped

3 Likes

Alright, time for my analysis! *I’m warning you, this is going to be a very, very long rant.

Starting with the one and Omega, Tahu. Honestly, if this was the final product, I’d still be willing to pick him up. The colors work really well for him, and his build, for the basic build he pulls it off quite nicely. I must say, his lava board instantly made me think of Lhikan’s, the fact that its composed of two main parts, and just the shape I would assume was based on Lhikan’s. The Hau looks to me like a nicely done merging of the Mata and Nuva versions, which I can totally get behind.
Now for Kopaka. He is probably my favorite at this point in time. The gold armor I think could’ve been a bit more present in the lower half, but overall the color scheme is great (white, gold, and trans-blue, good recipe!). The weapons are awesome, would love to see the final for his staff/blade, but the shield is looking better and better to me! I have nothing to say about the Akaku other than it’s my favorite only behind the Hau at the moment.
Next up, Onua. First off, what the heck are those jumbo pieces used for the shoulders and hammer?! I like! The hinted gear system should be an interesting touch, hopefully prompting more if its successful? Anyways, I’m really excited for the Pakari, waiting for the clear shot of it. Armor looks decent, coloring is too. Not sure how I feel about the triad of black, purple, and gold (or quartet if you include the silver). I wonder what’s going on under all of that bulky bulk up top. :stuck_out_tongue:
Time for Elja- I mean Lewa, master of the Ti- I mean Jungle, dang it… I’m a bit torn on Lewa. He looks decent overall, but there’s nothing truly significant that catches my eye besides his axes, the Miru (which for the record is NOT a dumb mask as much as I quote that quote), and those things over his shoulders. The colors are ok, the gold’s not going with the green as much as I’d like, but on the plus side he does a great job of dispersing the colors throughout. The Miru is actually looking better than I expected. Now that we can see it more up close, it does resemble the original a good deal. I must agree with others, though, that the hole/bumps on the sides and top aren’t the best integration, and I actually would’ve liked to see a bit more merging of the Nuva version (the spike/fins, not the face).
Moving on to Gali. Gali as actually pretty good from what I can tell. She’s not the most substantial, like I said for Lewa, but I’m alright with this as the Toa/Master of Water. The colors fit very nicely, and the pieces used look like they work together fairly well. The weapon looks awesome, and reminds me very much of Evo’s from Brain Attack (likely a concept built off of). Wouldn’t say its my favorite, but it’s simple, and gets the job done. I do wish those yellow parts would’ve been changed to fit the look a bit better, but I guess it’s alright. The Kaukau, which has been one of the lesser liked masks to be revamped as it seems, is interesting. I do agree that it doesn’t look the most fitting for a feminine figure (heck, some say the whole model looks that way), but I’m going to take the other side, as I think the mask looks pretty nice. It looks like it’ll be translucent towards the backside, and I’m going to go as far as saying I’d take this over the Nuva and Mistika versions. One other point I’d like to point out is: look at Gali Mata, even her original form could’ve been easily mistaken for a male if we didn’t know better. I thought so when I got my first set: Gali Nuva, and I think even one of the TTV members said something similar as their first set was Gali Mata, thinking based on their favorite color or something (was it Ven? I don’t remember, sorry!).
Gosh this rant is loooong! Ok, Pohatu. When I saw him I thought back to Nex of the Breakout. When I first saw his prelims, he had white all over, and I thought that was blank space to be filled in later for the final product…nope… Nex Breakout was a big disappointment for me personally, as I thought the helmet and simple build looked great in concept. Pohatu here is sort of like that for me. We’ve seen the further-developed pictures, and it’s pretty much the same scenario. The white (or silver, whichever it is), while not a complete deal-breaker, makes him look very unfinished. Comparing back to Nex, the Kakama and brown pieces are a big saving factor, plus the weapons, which I think look fantastic (although maybe a bit bulky), much like Nex, but to no avail. The colors, even though I ranted on about the white/silver, otherwise look alright. Not to sure about the trans-yellow joints, but It could work, but still, that white… Breaking away from that, the figure itself seems pretty simple, like Gali and Lewa, as it should be for the $15 set price. The Kakama is a must have, regardless of the other bits, and I rather like how it merges the Mata and Phantoka versions (I always wished the Phantoka version would’ve had more than just a lower breathing apparatus-thing and a plain visor).

On other random points and stuff. I am much intrigued by how certain previous elements are present (Ignika, Kraata). I have yet to make my full opinion of the plot details, and I might just do so sometime soon. The Toa/Masters overall look very, very promising, and I will definitely be getting some, if not all of them. I’ll touch upon the Skull Spiders a bit here, but I’ll elaborate later. I like the look of these guys. Yes, they may be a reiteration of the infection-concept we’ve seen so many times, but I like where these are going. Should make for an interesting enemy force.

Ok, enough for now! I’ll have to make a part 2 for the LoSS/SK and Protectors. Oonie Out!
-Oonie

4 Likes

That’s kinda what I had guessed.

Yeah? Well, I’m still doubtful Bionicle’s coming back. I mean, where’s the actual evidence? Nothing can be certain of right now.

Said nobody ever.

Things over his shoulders? You mean his dreads?

Edited for Double Post - WajKnight

5 Likes

I never thought that pointing out initials would spark such a continuing joke.

4 Likes

Wait, I have a question - what is a"desceiption"?

An undoing of a sceiption. Obviously.

(But seriously, no clue. What are you referring to?)

1 Like