Bionicle Catalog Images Leaked

Bionicle Catalog Images Leaked

Following off of the finalized set images we got from yesterday, we’ve got a new leak to share! Reddit user admiraltyphoon has emerged with images of the Lego 2015 Catalog page. Notably here is Onua, who was absent from the previous images and who’s Paraki can be seen much more clearly than the prelim images thanks to it’s golden form, as well as the Protectors. The images are marked confidential, so we can’t embed them, but you can see the images in the gallery below!

In addition to the protectors and Onua, you can see the combiner set in the lower lefthand corner. These combiners are not a redone Kaita, but instead combiners of the Protectors and the Toa. You can also see the Protectors more clearly here in their finalized form, which does not seem to have changed much since their preliminary leaks.

We did a very long and in-depth analysis of the finalized set images yesterday, so go check that out below! Stay tuned in the upcoming days for more finalized set images and more information from the New York Comic-Con!

[Source]: “Ha! I told you I’d get pictures!" via Reddit

Written by: Kahi, 9/29/2014

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at http://ttvpodcast.com/post/98736263147/
7 Likes

I feel like these are fake. They just don’t seem real at all. We of the CHC Podcast did a newscast, and I just kept seeing things that didn’t look right.

2 Likes

DON’T RUIN OUR REPUTATION VERAKION!!!

But yeah, these are fakes guys. You can see that Pohatu and others don’t have the same markings on their chests that they have in the HD artwork we got yesterday, plus they have the watermarks over them.

It’s a fake, but a clever fake. :wink:

(plus Kopaka is backwards)

(edit) Unless this is a very early version, in which case, these would be no different than the images Meso found the other week.

(edit again) aaaaand now i listen to the video and see the finalized canister-bags on the bottom. Whoops

6 Likes

Looking closer at them, it’s fake, completely.

1 Like

It looks like there are combination sets!! that looks cool.

1 Like

No CHC member speaks for all of CHC - so feel free to ignore all their rambling :stuck_out_tongue:

As for the catalogue images;

• Not a fan of the combiner
  • Tahu’s mask is disappointing
  • Definitely plan on getting two of the LoSS mostly for the parts and mask
4 Likes

NO MAN SHALL IGNORE ME!!!

but seriously, you’re still saying they’re real? C’mon man! you’re smarter than this.

2 Likes

false

i speak for the CHCs

i am the Slorax

But seriously, these kinda look fake to me. However, to each his own. :smile:

2 Likes

I’m seeing this answer all over this thread…but I can’t understand why. These do admittedly come from a much earlier stage in production than the finalized images we leaked, but that’s understandable seeing as how they’re from a catalog. Other than that, I don’t see how they could be faked; they clearly have too many things that happen to be correct.

The guy who posted this also did an AMA on Reddit listing stuff about the other Toa sets before we got the finalized pictures, and all of the added information he gave turned out to be right. So unless he also had access to the hi-res pictures but didn’t share them for whatever reason, these can’t be fakes. They just come from earlier in the release window timeline is all. That’s generally what retailer catalogs are for.

4 Likes

Yeah no, these aren’t fake.

First off the faker would have needed to have access to Onua, of whom we have yet to see a picture of without the preliminary marker covering his mask.

Secondly this is the first image with a clear view of not only the Pakari, but of the combiner models too- which are using brand new pieces, so unless the faker custom modeled those then there’s no way he faked it, and I highly doubt he could have done that in the 16 hour time frame between these being released and the images Just2Good gave us.

I’ve worked with photoshop for 9 years, there’s no way they shopped those combiner models.

Trust me, I’ve been in the fandom since 2001, I’ve seen fakes every single year- I know how to spot them

Also they have watermarks because they are confidential and were not meant to be released.

Also also, as Kahi mentioned, the person who uploaded these pics told us about details in the final sets that we didn’t know about BEFORE Just2Goods video went public, such as the changed Hau. There’s no way he could have known that unless he either A. worked for LEGO, B. found Just2Goods source, or C. Saw them in a catalog (which is what happened).

These images look funny because they are preliminary and confidential, not because they are fake.

9 Likes

OK fiiiiiiiiiiiiine Var :stuck_out_tongue:

To be fair, I didn’t see the “canisters” on the bottom of the page when I first made my comments. Also I didn’t consider the combo model.

2 Likes

It’s mah job to analyze the crap out of things before we start broadcasting it to everyone :stuck_out_tongue:

We have these kind of debates all the time internally.

4 Likes

That’s one of the first things I thought of: If these were fake, why would TTV show it? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

good gosh that emote is creepy

(Also I hope I don’t sound like I’m sucking up to you guys. I was already having these thoughts before you posted ;))

2 Likes

Then I just had a pointless argument in reddit :frowning:

Whatever. I don’t really care if it was pointless.

2 Likes

Speaking of combiners, I am so glad that the image shows Tahu using his board as swords. It’s like his nuva version and I much prefer the dual functionality over just the gold “knives.”

3 Likes

The Apocalypse is among us…

2 Likes

“It’s mah job to analyze the crap out of things before we start broadcasting it to everyone”

I know, it’s not the regular quote, but for some reason it’s not working.

This gave me quite the laugh. As for the actual set images…POHATUUUUUUUUU ISSSS AWESOMMMEEEE. If I was given the chance to get three of these guys I’d get the Earth Defender, the Stone Defender, and Pohatu. Partially because I have every other version of Pohatu and would hate to miss one :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

[quote=“Calvatron, post:2, topic:2549”][quote=“SammySpartan, post:4, topic:2549”]
fake
[/quote]

fake
[/quote]

wow, I question the sanity of these boards, you legit thought they were fake? Name a single person who could’ve faked that, I sure know I couldn’t of.

1 Like

Sure, 4 years ago, and for all of 3 seconds. You can even see in my initial post that I was having second thoughts about my conclusions.

How about Nekchir, who trolled the entire Bionicle community mid 2015 with fake leaks, drawing it out of the course of months?

There’s been several people over the years who do that kind of stuff. In hindsight, it seems stupid to call these catalog images fake, but at the time it was a valid belief.

6 Likes

these look completely fake :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like