Bionicle Computers?

So I was wondering what is the bionicle equivalent to a computer? How common is it? And do they have some form of internet?

3 Likes

I know in some pictures on the Bionicle website of Metru-Nui they show what look like desk-top computers, so presumably they have some way to digitally store information (if those depictions of Ga-Metru schools are canon, that is). However, we know that they had a way to trans fur visual and audio signals over airwaves, because of the screens in the Colosseum of Metru-Nui (which is canon). However, as for a network of digitally stored and transferred information, I don’t think they had it (or else they would’ve used it quite a bit).

1 Like

Vahki? Do they count as some sort of semi-autonomous artificial enteligense?

Don’t bother correcting my joke spelling.

Remember all Bionicles were essentially computers to the Agori. I suppose these biological computers did posses some sort of ‘intranet,’ allowing communication inside the city itself.

1 Like

Vahki were clockwork, more akin to steampunk rather than digital technology. However it is likely that their brains were computerized in some way, as they could record logs of their missions as well as transmit and receive data from their hives. On the flipside, Vahki were explicitly referred to as having minds made out of clockwork, which may sound completely illogical and impossible until you remember that the same goes for most of Bionicle and the entire thing is one giant science-fantasy mishmash. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Oh yeah, I forgot about that scene from 2005!

1 Like