BIONICLE G1 Nostalgia Topic

At least he got actual merch.

My first bonkle thing was one of those '06 extra zamor sphere packs.

http://www.toyssfancydress.co.uk/ekmps/shops/toysfancydres/images/8719-0000-xx-23-1[1].jpg

Why did I buy an ammo pack before getting any of the actual sets?

Because I was a stupid child, that’s why.

11 Likes

Dumb kid! Dumb kid!

/mt

You liked shiny marbles…?

4 Likes

Let’s see.

In 2008, my grandma took my cousin and I to McDonalds. There, we both got cheap Tahu mistika toys.

In 2009, I began to look into Bionicle, and got my first set: Berix. My cousin got Attakus. We loved having them crash and bash and mix and moop and all that jazz.

In 2010, I got Tahu Stars and became a HF fan.

In 2013, I got back into Bionicle and became a hardcore fan, purchasing Takadox off Ebay.

It is now on my bucket list to get the Mata and Nuva off Bricklink.

7 Likes

How quickly did your joints break? :stuck_out_tongue:

Second-hand stores like Goodwill may also have those for cheap.
(My entire pre-2005 collection consists of sets found in Value Village)

3 Likes

The axles on Berix’s shield broke first.

3 Likes

The Visorak were actually the thing that stuck me into bionicle. I had 3 rahkshi, but wasn’t too much of a fan. I loved those Visorak!

7 Likes

The Visorak were the best.

1 Like

I know right? They were just so adorable yet creepy. plus the color-schemes rocked my socks off. Roporak: Metru Brown and Tahu Red? Perfect! And don’t even get me started on Oohnerak!

4 Likes

Here are some new breeds that someone came up with

12 Likes

the missing one: Blue w/ Orange would be so cool too! Those are fantastic overall

2 Likes

I miss 01 when Silver wasn’t a thing…

I really hate silver.

BBBB55

On the subject of colours, I feel slightly nostalgic whenever I come across a stray old dark grey piece in my collection. :smirk:

2 Likes

I pretty much rolled with a lot of the odd decisions made back then (aside from the concept of the prequel years), but set-wise that switch in dark gray really ground my gears. What if I want my Vahki to match my Rahkshi, huh?

On the upside, Toa Metru heads were a welcome innovation (for about a year, then the included eye colors were always either tr-green or tr-orange, yawn). The real boon we got in '04 was the three unique(!) Mata eye-colors from Orkahm, Ahkmou, and Ehrye.

Hello gorgeous.

6 Likes

Fun fact: This is my self MOC’s eye color. :smile:

3 Likes

Very cool! Is it attached to the Metru Gray faceplate, or did you you switch it out with another?

1 Like

This.

Anyways, on topic, I’m quite nostalgic towards the Bordakh from the Vahki series, due to him being the only set I got in 2004

2 Likes

On topic, yes, I’m also a Bordakh fan, though I got mine from a local retailer in… 2006, I think it was. Couldn’t move the stock fast enough I guess. I’m not complaining- of the Vahki it has what are probably the best stun staffs (staves?) and a really nice eye-base color contrast.

#####Speaking of which, I noticed the plastic color of said eyepiece matches that of Furno 1.0’s Dual Fire Shooter, so I worked them together to create a dual lightning sword/gun thing.

#####I apologize in advance for the grainy quality; I’m a filthy casual who can’t afford a decent camera.

#####I’ve used it in one MOC that I’ve since scrapped for parts, but if you’d like to see it I have a photo or two I could PM ya.

Um… I liked 2002 as a year and I think it gets overlooked (or at least overshadowed) between the foundational/MNOG year of 2001 and the year of unprecedented movie and Rahkshi and Makuta epicness of 2003. Bohrok and roll out!

5 Likes

When will we ever get another “buy-one-get-one-free” deal? :cry:

11 Likes

sheds tear

I actually don’t remember that because I was two back then

4 Likes