BIONICLE G1 Nostalgia Topic

Hi. I’m sure I wasn’t the first person to feel this, but was anybody else slightly disappointed that Lego has opted not to introduce villains to G2 that appeared in G1 besides the original Makuta? Except for the non-intelligent, monster-like villains like the Bohrok and the Rahkshi (which were still unique and memorable in their own right) that appeared in the earlier portion of the storyline, most of the villains we got had interesting and distinctive personalities with the exception of the villainous personality traits more pervasive and common among the G1 antagonists like treachery and arrogance, which were still acceptable. Who could forget the blood curdling screech of a Rahkshi, or the devious attitude of the Piraka? Most if not all the G1 villains had their own brand of evil and were effective antagonists.

So taking all this into consideration, it almost seems illogical to not utilise G1’s rogues gallery. It sounds like a well of untapped potential. But I guess the most probable answer is they don’t really need to. Why bother catering to a small demographic of fans that followed the previous generation by introducing old enemies from that generation that new fans won’t recognize or appreciate as much as old fans when you can simply create new villains that fit more with the overall setting and tone of G2 without being limited or constrained by the history and personality of a previous incarnation of a character?

And so taking that information into account, the possibility of any G1 villain popping up in the current storyline looks extremely small. As much as I would like to see it happen I still know at this point it is only and most likely always will be wishful thinking or a pipe dream.

Wow, I’ve spent far too much time on the TTV forums today. I guess I just have had too many thoughts stored in my head for too long that needed release through some form of catharsis. Sort of like vomit that had to be brought up through the throat and spewed out. I’ve basically puked my feelings all over the forums, coating everybody in a thick layer of chunky, glistenin- I think I’ll stop now. Goodnight.

3 Likes

I can.

10 Likes

I still remember playing the Mata Nui Online Game for the first time. Waiting patiently for each section of path to load as I slowly advanced towards a new and unexplored village was one of the most exciting things about that game. Then you were rewarded with a nice Flash animation of the Toa in action after figuring out what you were supposed to do in each area.

The fight against Makuta and the ending on the beach blew my young mind.

1 Like

darnit! you spoiled the ending for me ;-;

dude it was fifteen years ago

2 Likes

well mister invader i never got to see the end!
darn spolers

It’s been long enough that it can be openly discussed. Besides, he just mentioned the location. He didn’t mention the Bohrok awakening or Makuta’s final form.

3 Likes

oh thank you for adding spoilers
i am so happy i don’t need to know what the thing is!

I figured it was kind of like Star Wars, that any fan would know the conclusion to the first year of story to such an extent that it’s not even a spoiler.

BUT NOT MNOG DUDE
1234566descriptive

You obviously don’t know what hyperbole is.

1 Like

Sure I do. It’s an exaggeration used to make a point.

It was a rhetorical, hyperbolic question used to make a point, smart Aleck. Of course the Rahkshi could be forgotten by some.

Remember that time Mata Nui had to fight Makuta on the desert planet? Makuta was all like “I’m gonna get you” and Mata Nui was like “No”. Then Tahu got the armor and made the Rahkshis explode. Makuta was like “Noooo” because he realized the Rahkshi weren’t his kids and he got squished by a space rock. Then Mata Nui died and the planet magically became pretty again and they all lived happily ever after. The end.

9 Likes

Wow, congrats. you made stupid sound stupider.

4 Likes

Someones probably found it now but heres everything i found anyway:

Eyes are wrong colour

Right arm is 2001 design

@Lost_Head look in the bottom left corner of the G2 stacker, the surge and rocka combiner machine is all on its own :laughing:

@Matoro I have it but with tuma

@CupHead5998 hail denmark, my friend

@Irrie Timestamp plz

An apparently rare poster of the Turaga

I love how Vakama has these swirls flowing around his staff making him look like a little dwarf wizard :stuck_out_tongue:

17 Likes

Huh. Neat. That background and mask-covered beach sure was used for a lot of 01 promo art…

3 Likes

I got this sealed and built it yesterday. Anyone feeling the vibes?

9 Likes