BIONICLE Headcanons

It it not the point of head canons to stray away from established aspects of the story? From what I read in the OP, this is really just a theories topic. Kind of different from what I would expect for a head canon topic.

Tamaru can’t fly because when he was created he was meant to be an Onu-Matoran, but the machine malfunctioned so he was given green armor. Everyone just assumed that he was meant to be a Le-Matoran.

4 Likes

Kopaka didn’t slip. The protector of ice secretly hates him and tried to cut his foot off with his buzz saw, but missed and instead cut the ice below him, causing him to lose footing, but not slip. Like when you expect another step on stairs but there isn’t one.

13 Likes

The default Toa/Matoran forms are the ones from 2004.

1 Like

LOSS is actually the newest form of the time traveling muaka, hence the vahki every where.

3 Likes

The Villagers’ species evolved from Kulta’s species. The society from Kulta’s species was carried over from modern Villagers. When alive, Kulta’s species were stronger, faster, and more physically capable. The modern Villagers exchanged those traits for advanced brainpower and a more complex social structure. Skull Scorpios are close relatives to Skull Spiders. The ancient Villagers, the link between Kulta’s species and the modern Villagers, had armor which was able to change color depending on the environment, for camoflauge (ex. they had bronze skin whilst in the Ancient City). After Ekimu’s coma, a fight broke loose over who should be the leader of the ancient Villagers. They then seperated into the Elemental Regions, where they got their armor color from. They stayed there for such a long time, the armor color from the ancient Villagers settled is what modern Villagers will stay with, creating breeds. “Mutts” are not unprecedented, many having existed over the years. The tribe they live in depends how much one armor color they have over others.

4 Likes

Never got around to doing this, but now that I’m here, there’s one big one I’ve always had, concerning the immorality of Makuta Masks. The fact that all of them are considered immoral is ridiculous to me, firstly because of all the Toa in the universe, only a select few knew of the BOM’s treachery (the main reason for the masks’ “immorality”), and thus would not have had evidence to consider them immoral. Second, many of the Makuta mask powers aren’t all that dangerous (ex. the Shelek–this could be very useful for a Toa, and it does not at all harm the person whose hearing is inhibited…also, the Crast isn’t that bad–I mean, “it repels nature” isn’t much of an excuse).

Third, and this one’s a biggie with me, the Mask of Mutation isn’t considered immoral. Think about that. It alters the body of a living being against their will, but it’s not immoral because Miserix didn’t participate in the Plan. However, the Jutlin, a mask that simply breaks down nonliving matter, and which would be useful in many situations (breakouts, pursuits, etc.) is immoral because Antroz was evil. Seriously?

Fourth, plenty of masks that aren’t immoral are far more dangerous than the Makuta Masks (i.e. the Komau and the Kaukau Nuva–which can suffocate someone).

So, to me, the only masks that should be immoral are: the Avsa, the Felnas, the Mask of Scavenging, the Mask of Aging, the Mask of Undeath, the Mask of Mutation, and maybe the Tryna.

5 Likes

Head Canon is that Greg Farshtey is related to Megan Fox.

Also that Great Beings have their own evolution cycles like Matoran do. (Agori>Atua>Great Being)

1 Like

The toa mahri had their weapons chained to themselves to avoid them from floating away

3 Likes

I guess this is the place to post this?

http://board.ttvpodcast.com/t/the-oath-of-a-toa/21548

1 Like

Even the crab?

2 Likes

headcanon #2, the crab never happened. Although jala did attract them annoyingly frequently, enough for kongu to think that the one with the mask of summoning was jala

1 Like

Takua had crabs, and Jaller contracted it.

6 Likes

I like to think that the Toa exude auras. Like, the air around Tahu is always warm and pleasant, while around Kopaka it’s frigid and harsh. Being around Gali is humid, and Pohatu dries out the area around him. Standing next to Lewa feels like a slight breeze, and Onua has an earthy feel to him.

5 Likes

Before the Mata Nui robot was woken by the Toa, I had a head cannon that some matoran refused to leave and stayed on the island since it’s so cool there. Why leave? So, when I would play stories out in my head as kids do with Bionicles, my bionicles were still on Mata Nui.

…You can imaging the “oh crap” moment when 2008/2009 happened 0_o

6 Likes

yep
i can imagine your headcanon
got broken to bits

6 Likes

When Icarax was killed, his consciousness was transported to another planet. Seeking revenge on the Toa, he took a name similar to Makuta, calling himself Makuro. Believing that only Heros could defeat the Toa, he founded Hero Factory. Because he was a Makuta, all Hero Cores were imbued with some shadow, but only Surge was sensitive enough to notice. He sent them to space, and planned to unleash them on the MU once they found it… But it crashed into Spherus Magna before the Heroes could, so Icarax will never get his revenge…

5 Likes

The Bad Guy and Duracell Bad Guy are actually the minions of Irnakk, whose skulls he carries on the left hand. À la Umarak’s Shadow Traps.

14 Likes

I always thought of them as smol child Skakdi :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I always imagined them to be infected Matoran for some reason, but what you wrote makes sense too. It would perfectly explain their ugliness…