BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

I remember being so excited when I first watched this. I was so excited about the possibility of Bionicle’s return and even more so when the leaks started up!

8 Likes

I was absurdly excited at first. I knew it would be different, and that they would likely take a more child-friendly direction, but I didn’t care. I wanted something different, something new. In hindsight, my thoughts on G2 are quite different than they were then, but I’m glad that I was able to feel that rush of excitement and nostalgia that I did when G2 was first announced. I’m glad I got to ride the hype train. I wish the hype train didn’t crash in slow-motion, but it was a good ride. I mean, the dining cart had some tasty dishes.

7 Likes

It was kind of a scary situation with the brakes, though.

It was nice to see how “revitalized” the community was during that time.

3 Likes

Oh, gosh, was that a good day. I literally fell to my knees and screamed ‘YES’ to the heavens when I saw the official confirmation. Then I went and made this-

There was so much joy in that time. Star Wars: Rebels was set to premier soon, I was still hyped over Transformers 4 and How to Train Your Dragon 2, and just when I thought the year couldn’t get any better, one of my favorite childhood toys was coming back. Then I discovered the first three BIONICLE films were on Netflix and immediately binge-watched them.

7 Likes

That was a smart move on LEGO’s part, get people to re-watch their childhood favourites, get them on a nostalgia rush, and then give them G2.

Also, we only got the first two on Netflix in Canada… RIP me

6 Likes

yeah it will, aside from the three people getting the art book, there are also another 97 copies that have been given to the major sites for givea aways, additional BS01 has a couple and they already confirmed they are putting the entire contents of the book up on the site eventually.

4 Likes

BS01 is doing that from what I heard.
No guarantees, but I’m pretty sure.

1 Like

Maybe the Hype Train having no brakes is why it violently crashed in the end.

5 Likes

Maybe.

1 Like

Lego asked for the fans to conduct the hype train but none of us know how to so it crashed and burned. That how Bionicle G2 ended.

6 Likes

And since we couldn’t conduct, Lego put a giant rock on the rails.

9 Likes

And after we crashed Lego showed us pictures of our final destination and decided to give us a contest to get some painting of the final destination.

7 Likes

And then firemen of Gen 1 came to laugh at the burning Train.

5 Likes

They said it looked too much like the Hero Factory Hype train. They wanted the train to have more pistons on it.

7 Likes

this is starting to sound like LEGO was conducting a train robbery

14 Likes

Well, they did “rob” us of G2’s third year…

8 Likes

Along with our faith in Lego

10 Likes

Yeah, I’m pretty sure them saying that there’s still a possibility of a G3 was just some kind of damage control. Looking back, it’s obvious G2 wasn’t high on their list of prioritized themes, judging how Nexo Knights got more advertising and a full TV show in its first year while G2 didn’t get a miniseries untill its second.

6 Likes

This is why I have a disdain for Nexo Knight. A theme that was completely new and was never seen before got more faith from Lego than a pre-established that saved the company from bankruptcy Unfortunately all the displays at my Lego store has this thing poking around.

9 Likes

Nexo Knights was designed to be another “big-bang” theme. A big marketing push just comes with the territory for those types of lines. In addition, even though BIONICLE technically played a large part in boosting LEGO’s sales during the early 2000s, conflict-driven fantasy System theme are still a much safer bet in today’s toy market.

9 Likes