BIONICLE is Officially Cancelled

I’d frankly just be happy with LEGO releasing parts packs for us MOCists and allowing Greg to do a continuation of the Serials that would result in a conclusion to the storyline that was both great-quality and gave us new story content for several more years. :+1:

2 Likes
  1. Star Wars constraction sucked the life out of bionicle
  2. Poor sales and marketing
1 Like

lol we all got trolled epic style by lego

3 Likes

At that point, Star Wars was the only thing keeping constraction going. It’s seems that the entire ccbs system got the ax. LEGO likely only continued Star Wars, because hey, of course Star Wars is going to sell. But even then it seemed like they were letting the well run dry.

LEGO barely even uses ccbs pieces anymore, and I don’t understand why.

2 Likes

yeah I placed a replacement parts order in July through LEGO for some CCBS parts like the giant beast feet and those gen 1 style hands (because most of mine were broken). I had a whole bunch of CCBS parts on order excluding the one already mentioned, since my Ikir was missing his trans joints. So the customer service guy called and said they don’t make them anymore, which probably isn’t true if they have giant beast feet in stock. (I do not recall seeing them in sets after UtD, SB, and QB, so correct me if I’m wrong.)

2 Likes

Funny enough, by most reports I have seen it seems like the Star Wars Buildable Figures actually sold far worse then the G2 sets.

They appeared in a 2019 Ninjago set, so they technically should still be in production.

Yeah if in doubt, find the piece on Bricklink, and you can see if it was used in other sets and when. I think the large ball/socket system and friction adders will be in use for a while to come if LEGO keep making mechs and large creatures, etc.

2 Likes

but why would kids some random blue or black or red robot things when they literally see kylo ren, darth vader, and obi-wan on the other shelf next to them?

1 Like

Because kids could get cheaper, better looking figures from other companies like Hasbro that didn’t rely on being put together

1 Like

Some of the Star Wars figures, like Darth Vader, were fairly complex. Felt like LEGO was also aiming at the adult collector market.

Idk if this was already said but the fact is some sets in the star wars buildable figures line sold really well, the thing is the humans with faces(and more important, the protagonist side of the characters) weren’t well received compared to sets with helmets and that’s a big red flag for the marketing and sales team because the protagonist were suppose to sell the most and that wasn’t the case.

2 Likes

I’d frankly just be happy with LEGO releasing parts packs for us MOCists

If lego actually was 18+ they would rerelease rare, discontinued recolors of useful elements individually since the high cost of certain system and technic parts in the aftermarket is ridiculous e.g. arch brick 1 x 3 x 2 in reddish brown, soft hose 3.18 mm D. 9L in brown, technic cam in white, technic axle #3 in white, etc. The fact that lego made some really practical elements so rare disgusts me since it encourages bricklink scalping and makes moccing increasingly more pay-to-win. They should have an afol moccist poll on ideas or brickset to bring back a few old recolors in a supplementary set.

2 Likes

Almost exactly 6 years later on the day the makuta contest ended(only 23 minutes in on august 2nd) and reading this again man, they really wanted to bury it for good.

3 Likes

Noooo shut up shut up SHUT UP I’M NOT OLD I’M NOT

6 Likes

Wait, bionicle was cancelled??

9 Likes

good!

3 Likes

this gives off vibes of that one scene from Wand Of Gamelon

2 Likes

yet another celebrity cancelled by twitter stans :cry:

2 Likes

Well, now’s the time to start buying… off Faceplant marketplace. Where I can get Toa cheaply, if the seller is willing to deliver.

1 Like