BIONICLE Reiterated Auditions: S2 Cast List Finalized and Art Signups Open!

If you guys need a Makuta Teridax, GLaDOS, Junkrat or a decent Mark Hamill’s Joker voice, I’d be willing to try to do a recording and send it to you via Discord or something if I can make the time to do so.

2 Likes

My point is, the script writing process should take longer generally speaking. For instance, the Iliad Scripting guys are still working on an ending for the first bit of media we plan to release, but we’re also very confident in the finished product (this is our third draft now lol). All I’m saying is the more time you spend on your script, the happier you might be with the end result.

I’m not at all trying to bash Reiterated. I really like what you’re trying to do. I just think it could be executed in a more calculated fashion.

3 Likes

That also might be because we have a scripting team working away, and presumably he’s the only one writing Reiterated’s script.

3 Likes

That’s a fair point. The more people you have proof-reading a script, the longer it’s going to take, but again, you’ll end up with a more quality product

2 Likes

This is true. I’m the only writer, and I’m writing based off of pre-existing material and enhancing it. That gives me a foundation to start from, which makes the writing quicker, as I only have to keep track of what I’m throwing out or leaving in and basically follow the story set forth by the 2015 animations or The Journey to One.

And again, I’ve been planning this for much longer than anyone has been aware of it, which has given me time to work out most of the kinks long before Microsoft Word is opened. I read and reread the completed scripts constantly, finding small typos and editing here or there when necessary. Some of the preexisting cast transferring over from Season 1 into Season 2 have read the scripts even and are quite excited with where things are going. I’ll let the final product speak for itself.

4 Likes

That’s true, however in spite of the level of quality Reiterated has received I feel like all that work being done by one person is pretty impressive.

3 Likes

Which I cannot wait to read as I have been anticipating it for, I think, nearly a year. Not talking smack but I am saying that I am very excited to see just what kind of masterpiece comes out to us when we get it, whenever it is ready.

@Ghidora131, I agree.

2 Likes

Again, that’s a fair point. Another thing I’d like to point out though is the time between when the lines are sent in and the actual release of the episode. It seems like there isn’t a massive amount of time for animation there either

3 Likes

True, the animation is a bit sloppy and some portions of it kinda make me gag, but come on - this is a one-person project. Imagine how yours wouldn’t be if I wasn’t there to help you. :blush:

######Yeah it’d be finished wouldn’t it

Eh, it’s our first episode, it won’t be perfect. But I do hope it’s good enough.

1 Like

I’ll reiterate (pun entirely intended) that I really do like this project. In a way, Reiterated is Iliad’s Bonkle brother (since the ideas were proposed at roughly the same time), so I’d love to contribute to its success if I can with some constructive critiques.

Perhaps another place to smooth out might be the use of what I assume is MS paint. Seeing as they’re going to be getting rid of it, I recommend moving to something else for drawing backgrounds and such. Actually, you might even move to another dimension entirely. I really encourage you to look into blender. It’s a free, open source 3d modeling program that might just prove useful in location designs.

2 Likes

The animating for Season 1 was all completed long before auditions were opened. Five of the eight episodes for Season 2 are filmed, and the remaining three are on hiatus until school is out for the summer. Living four hours away from my studio to go to college throws a wrench in the works there. Getting lines and editing everything together is the quickest and last part of the process, but even then it takes awhile. What may seem like a short time to you is actually a very long time on my end. From conceptualizing an episode, to writing, to filming, to editing, and to finally releasing takes the better part of a year or longer on my end. While it seemed like Season 1 came together in a little less than four months (from casting to release), it was actually over a year.

Ouch. It’s Adobe Photoshop, thank you very much. Probably a good thing I want other people working on art going forward.

The process for how I went through creating art is detailed here. The Artwork of BIONICLE Reiterated

1 Like

Oof I apologize for that. Not a lot of people have access to photoshop, so I assumed it was paint.

I still do encourage a move to blender though. It’s an excellent software

3 Likes

Could you turn down the heat? that roast was a little much

And I thought having to walk fifteen feet to my workspace was a lot :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Ye my bad sorry lol

I guess perhaps my biggest complaint has to be the music. It just seems sort of half baked to me. I mean I know you’re using the Bionicle trilogy soundtracks, I don’t have a problem with that, it’s just the sound mixing I have qualms with. It seems to cut off at certain random points rather than fade out, and it just doesn’t seem to fit at other points. Seeing as you have Photoshop, I’m gonna take a guess and say you’re probably using premiere, a software I’m familiar with. Perhaps the most important thing in filmmaking is sound effects and music. You can make a film look awful, but if it has good sound and music, people will love it nonetheless, so I do recommend a bit of work on the sound mixing.

2 Likes

Well the-

Uh…

You may have a point there.[quote=“Samtastictogo, post:182, topic:38821”]
Perhaps the most important thing in filmmaking is sound effects and music.
[/quote]

It’s pretty close, anyways. Imagine Pirates of the Caribbean with he’s a pirate on midi.

2 Likes

XD Pirates of the Midi-Keybordean

Oh and before I’m done (again I’m really sorry about this I just want to help) I’d try being a bit more strict on sound quality when it comes to auditions and whatnot. I know a lot of people want to help out with this project, but if they don’t have decent recording hardware, don’t be too afraid to turn em down (even if they do have a good voice :cry:)

2 Likes

He does. The last three episodes almost exclusively use fade outs for music tracks if incoming dialogue didn’t disguise the outgoing music track, or it didn’t fade naturally, but everything previous did have that issue. Also of issue was RaptorTalon’s mic volume, which made it harder to add music to scenes with him in it, and considering he’s three characters, that was a bunch. That will certainly be fixed going forward. Reiterated is the first large-scale project I’ve used Premier Pro for, and it’s afforded me some capabilities I’ve not had much access to previously, so there was certainly a bit of a learning curve in some areas. Trust me, any problems you’ve brought forth I’m very well aware of, and they will be improved upon. I’m the one who edited everything. I know there are issues on the technical side of things.

The first of anything always has it’s problems, which is why sequels always have the potential to be better. With everything I’ve learned from making Season 1, combined with the longer scripts, I’m confident that Season 2 is going to blow every BIONICLE fan’s socks off. That, followed by what’s in store for Season 3, makes me very excited and all the more committed to make sure any technical issue Season 1 had will be corrected to ensure a better viewing experience.

6 Likes

bruh I said I was sorry about the mic thing

4 Likes

after seeing that the role for Umarak the Hunter/Destroyer was open, I decided to try out for the role, this be my audition.

3 Likes

Hello what is a minor role that I could audition for

5 Likes