BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

It seems it already has, at least in concept. Just look at the way Onua bends that earth at the end of his video. That could’ve come straight out of ATLA or LOK. Same with Gali, Kopaka, and Lewa. Pohatu even did the rock-punching move!

Maybe the JtO animators are secret ATLA fans…

1 Like

The Airbender vibes are real

7 Likes

II don’t why, but this part

Looks very cartoon-like.

~W12~

1 Like

Probably because it’s a cartoon.

5 Likes

I know, but out of all the other frames, that one looks like something out of a 2d cartoon. The others look like something out of a good animation.

~W12~

1 Like

8 Likes

That really is just part of the animation style, with the effects and backgrounds being 2D and the characters being 3D. It ends up looking a bit awkward if you look at the frames individually, but fine in motion. 2D effects over 3D characters is something common in video games, especially fighting games, so the appearance of such things is something I have gotten used to and it does look really good at certain parts of these character trailers.

Of course things like that water blast and the lava surfing can look a bit off due to how large the effect is on-screen versus the more detailed characters and backgrounds, but it isn’t too big a deal, I can get over it.

2 Likes

I think what bugs me about it is that while the Skull villain moves, the Skull Spider doesn’t react to anything until the water hits it - that seems unnatural to me.

Same with Onua and one of the villagers. They just stand awkwardly like someone forgot to animate them.

1 Like

I don’t like the animation.
Reminds me too much of Transformers: Energon.

2 Likes

I see what you mean. Except this time it looks like the characters have actual expressions and smooth movements. I don’t think it can be as bad as Energon but only time will tell.

4 Likes

Anyone think it might release tomorrow?

No, maybe Friday of next week or this week but I don’t think tomorrow

1 Like

the show reminds me of RWBY but pointing that out, the CGI does remind me of TFE

1 Like

I’ve never seen RWBY, that’s why my mind goes straight to TF:E
RIP

1 Like

*shudders * Ich, that show’s art was unbearable. Never speak of it again.

3 Likes

I’m starting to get impatient. I no longer want an actual JtO trailer I NEED it. If we don’t get one by the end of this week then Lego needs to get new members for their marketing department.

2 Likes

Here’s the thing that keeps me from raging.

Would I rather have resources diverted to make a trailer and give me a taste, or wait a few days less for the actual show?

5 Likes

I want a trailer. I think that a trailer will help get it more views, and help Bionicle as a whole.

1 Like

oh those things look like ears

the seventh creature

2 Likes

Out of curiosity, is anyone who has Netflix checking the page or just waiting for someone to report on it? I cant check my self and there’s always the possibility they dont announce the show.

1 Like