BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

Invasion from below wasn’t that bad, I just felt like it was a reboot because of different actors and it never was a continuation.

1 Like

I am really looking forward to this, to be honest.
Hopefully there will be more than one VA

5 Likes

My greatest worry is the voice acting and the budget and the story it will be given if each of that fails I worry the show may not be a hit with fans or kids.

Just putting my idea here from the 2016 topic…

Adding on, maybe “The One” was once one piece and was a source of great energy for the island, and was pulled apart after the great cataclysm, causing the island to become gloomy and rainy all the time as we saw in the legend trailer

3 Likes

allowe me to explain why i am not fond of the “set-acurate” look that “some of you” are wanting, to me, the set-acurate look is cheap, and it ruins the look of the seires and also makes the show more like a “buy me!!! buy me!!!” type of show, where there is no point in having lore, just to show off these sets and have kids buy them, with no care or love for the story.

I dislike that, more so when “some of you” say that im wrong for not liking it, or should get used to it. Why shoud i get used to a show that is not even trying to hide the “to sell toys” gimmick
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/c/6/c61aaae7eef57b79f8925599ad69d635dcf67e30.png

Just look at it, its so bad, and even when you guys says that kids will love it, and says that kids want a “toys come to life” NO!!! it ruins the show to me and it looks awfull the more i look at it, because it keeps on reminding me that it looks like plastic with no life at all.

I am a persion who want lore and world building to be more important, not that someone should make it more important to sell these toys. Because a show that does noting but want to make you buy the sets, it just mean that we will have noting else to be interested in the series for. A show that builds lore and futher shows the world for us is what will make this good, NOT THE TOY ACURSY.

really, think about it, would the original Transformers series have been as good if the characters there looked exactly like the toys, and don’t try to weasel out of this, by saying that this have noting to do with Bionicle, i am showing you all a reason why Toy acursy is not the number one thing to care about when making a show or a movie based on toys:

so tell me, would you guys think that Toy acursy would be good for these two?

see the reason i don’t like toy acursy, is because we would then have gappy toa and creatures. Just becasue they are toy acurate does not mean that they will look good.

And i then want to talk about this:

the reason i want an anatomy picture is to show us how the characters work and how the biomechanical nature of them function in universe. Just saying that they are biomechanical does not work for me because it just makes it feel like the hole biomechanical nature is just an after though that won’t be explored or talked about.

and we know that the Villagers and Protectors can’t have metalic bones, because we know that they can have kids, and metal DOES.NOT.GROW.LIKE.NORMAL.BONES.DO

does the villagers and the toa have an organic stomake or do they not, do they have a heart? do they have lungs? what is it about them that is organic and what is metal.

that is the reason i want Bionicle G2 to do the one thing that i don’t think even G1 did, show us how their anatomy works.

i want to see more of this world, i don’t want just a story, its the world that is the most important part of all of this. we get sucked into this fantasy world and i want to explore and learn how this world works, how these creatures and people are able to live, to learn about their culture, to see what makes them tick and that is why i want a Bionicle show that takes the importance of their Biomechanical nature at heart and does not just say “they are biomechanical” and noting more. i don’t want a show that is just the toys animated in a computer, i want the Toa, the villagers, the creatures, i want the universe in action, not a long toy commercial.

also:
http://board.ttvpodcast.com/uploads/db5640/original/3X/c/6/c61aaae7eef57b79f8925599ad69d635dcf67e30.png

who is it that says that this is what the show is supost to look like? we have no proof that this is an image FROM THE SHOW. So for all we know, THIS IS JUST SOME ART WORK THAT HAS NOTING TO DO WITH THE ANIMATION, heck i don’t hink even the netflix guys them self have said that this is the style they are going for.

Man was it good to get this all out of my chest.

1 Like

I see what you mean, but also see some flaws in your argument. So I’ll point some of them out here.

Not to be sarcastic or anything, but LEGO does want to sell toys.

That’s also true (I guess what you meant by “acursy” is “accuracy”). But if that’s true, what the look of the characters has to do with anything?

By your logic, when the story is good, the show should be good, no matter the characters are “toy-accurate” or not (assumed that they also don’t look completely aesthetically terrible here).

In the Transformers series, there is one constrain that BIONICLE doesn’t have, it’s that every autobots and decepticons must have a unique ability, the ability to transform. The series is just an animation, so it wouldn’t be constrained by any of the real world limitations. The animated Transformers can look however they like, but can still fold their bodies into an impossible shape. The real-life toys, which need to do the same thing to be true to the series, couldn’t. So a compromised was made, they have some weird proportions, but still get to look (kinda) like their animated counterparts, and most importantly, they can transform.

Yep, that’s true. But don’t for get that calcium in your bones is technically a kind of metal (alkaline earth metal to be precise), so there’s still a possibility (I think) to grow “metallic” bone naturally. And also there’s MAGIC in G2, so that complicated a lot of what’s possible and what isn’t.

I also want that, but I’m afraid the people in charge might deem these “unnecessary” since they won’t affect how the main story progresses in anyway. They’re just luxurious things we want, but they wouldn’t want to spend time to think about.

3 Likes

i dislike the idea that LEGO would just go and pull a “its magic, we don’t have to explain it”

and see, that is what i would dislike the most with this. The possibility that they will not explain nor explore the things that this version of Bionicle is. And to those who will say that less is more. i would just like to say that we never get an explenation for the biomechanical nature of the characters, do they have organic lungs or do they have a form of cooling system to prevent themself from overheating, do they have an organic heart or do they have some form of pump inside of them.

Then we come to the most important part, which when we look at it, now makes sence why the Matoran where never able to have kids… the birth of a kid in the G2 series, just ask some really squicky questions, like are they born with their armor on? or are they born with a mostly organic body, that is later coverd up with armor to protect their weak organic frame?

see, this is the reason i would like to have the Bionicle Team at LEGO to consider this and start to explore more, its then that we have a trully different and really enjoyable story and universe to explore.

Just to end this, here is a part from the Transformers wiki about Beast Machines, that made me want to talk about this:

If nothing else, the creators had ambitions to do more than sell toys.

see, when i read about what Hasbro did with some of the Transformer series, especialy with Beast Machines, i can see that Hasbro does a better job with their toy franchise than what LEGO might be doing
(heck, Hasbro was even ok to have some transformers be well, gay in the IDW G1 comics, no seriously, Chromedome and Rewind are shown to be a Conjunx Endura)

2 Likes

I’m also not fond of that idea either. But just pointing out that, since they make that a fact, they could pull that card at anytime. But I also think that it wouldn’t be much different from when sci-fi story make normally impossible things possible through an “advance technology”, since both would still imply that it could happen because of some unknown means.

I think a more interesting thing to ask is, how are they born? Since in Robots (2005 film), completely mechanical robots can have “kids”, thought not strictly sexual production, but children nonetheless. Maybe on Okoto they have artificial womb, that can grow organic tissue while incorporating adaptable mechanical parts in it? Just throwing an idea out there.

I completely agree. But sadly, I don’t think the creators are the ones deciding which aspect should be expanded for the most parts.

if they had a different metal based bone structure instead of a calcium based bone structure they very well could.
technically speaking pistons could be created naturally, (lets say the bones are iron based for the sake of argument) the iron bones develop to allow movement by compressing, natural body oils used to lubricate the piston, blood(or some bodily fluid) is used for hydraulics.

I agree with most of your points.

1 Like

i have been thinking of the bones being pistons or something, but i can’t see that being a good idea, as its not really natural and if it where “grow” it could instead end up harming the muscle and flesh that is covering it. Imagine if your bone where to be pulled from the inside, while your muscles and flesh was not moving with it, it would be some really painfull to imagine, heck just thinking about it creeps me out.

I was simply referring to the pistons visible outside the body.

@Payinku @DarkHenrik @TheShadowMakuta

How’s about we avoid an argument, thanks.

1 Like

argument?

the discussion seemed pretty civil to me.

2 Likes

@Payinku @DarkHenrik @TheShadowMakuta
I know it’s not exactly an argument, but you’ve gone from talking about the art style to talking about anatomy, I don’t have any real problem with this but it could be construde as off topic.

So here’s a topic to talk about it!

2 Likes

Just trying to stop one before it starts. You guys may be being civil, but it’s easy to turn a civil conversation into an argument.

1 Like

those TF G1 toys look pretty bad, I rather have those master pieces

If this show has an Anime like opening, I’d want it to have something like this. Also hoping Umarak will be like Locus from RvB 11-12. Mysterious and ruthless.

The real question here is whether or not the new netflix show is gonna be a complete retelling of the story. Merlin Mann (the animations writer) has stated that he had little to no communication with the netflix crew, the coordinators likely treating them as completely separate projects. In addition to a (hopefully) full voice cast it would be admittedly a shame to see certain quirks from the animations be left behind, such as Pohatu being Australian and Onua breaking stuff…

I’m pretty sure the Netflix crew has at least seen some of the animations for basic background, but there’s no telling whether or not the characters will be changed, for better or for worse in the new retelling…

3 Likes

that is an interesting question, I do wonder if Umarak be a bit like Locust from RVB

I hate to say this, but showing how the bio-mechanical anatomy works in the TV Show would be a very bad idea. Think about it–LEGO is marketing this show at the BIONICLE fanbase, which is–in theory–young children. Kids who like BIONICLE aren’t going to want to see a detailed anatomical breakdown of a Villager or a Toa onscreen. They want to see action, because that’s what inspires them to play with the toys.

I’m not saying G2 can’t delve into the topic of bio-mechanical anatomy, but that is a topic best left to secondary media. The fact that these are bio-mechanical creatures shouldn’t take precedence over driving the story, which in turn drives sales. LEGO TV Shows will always be about selling toys, because LEGO is a toy company, not a TV company. If the line doesn’t sell, the show doesn’t go on, so obviously, if LEGO wants to do a show, they need to use it as a way to get more people to buy the sets. Otherwise, the show is really unnecessary.

4 Likes