BIONICLE The Journey to One Speculation

This isn’t “speculation” persay but I just have to chime in and say how excited I am for this show. This is looking to be everything I wanted for G2. The art style is so vibrant and unique, the animation is incredibly fluid and everything is just filled with personality. Skull Villains and Skull Spiders are appearing, Umarak looks awesome, the Toa are actually using their elemental powers…

This show is going to be EPIC.

-Mesonak

14 Likes
1 Like

Sorry, I saw your post and couldn’t resist:

15 Likes

lol :smile:

Edited for Double Post - Waj

8 Likes

pfffrrrrrt

How’d he get there

did he slip?

2 Likes

Maybe if he just voiced one or two of them, then they brought other people in for the rest.

For some reason I’ve always imagined Gali with a spanish accent.
But anyway, I remember Gali was voiced by Kathleen Barr in MoL (amusingly, she also voiced Roodaka in WoS) so it’d be cool if they somehow got her to come back for the role.

Michael Dorn? That would be fantastic.

Fingers crossed. Umarak at least should hopefully be a challenge.

Agreed.

I think that’s the most plausible scenario; I guess we’ll have to see.

This

Wait, is that in the Kopaka or Gali vid? Cause I don’t remember seeing that shot in either.

Looks like they’re in the ancient city; the building in the top right corner of the left picture looks like the mask maker’s forge.

IN
DEED

4 Likes

well it is confirmed the episode are 22 minutes, here’s what I think will happen

1: Toa meet up in ancient city and learn about creatures
2: Toa find the creatures and encounter Umarak
3: Journey to the maze
4: Going through the maze and battle with Umarak

2 Likes

Personally I kind of doubt they would cover only the winter wave storyline and leave the summer wave, which is generally the ‘climax’ of a years story, alone without covering it as well.

I find that with proper pacing, you can pack more content into 22 minutes than one might initially think without it feeling rushed. I’ve seen several instances of standard-length (22 minutes or so) episodes of shows feeling like entire movies in their own right.

While I doubt the team behind the animations has the skill to pull off any kind of perfect pacing like that, I still feel like there is no reason the episode layout couldnt be something like:

1. Introduces viewers to Toa / Ekimu, Toa learn about creatures and set out for that task
  2. Toa finding creatures, and encounter Umarak in the forest area seen in the character videos
  3. The entirety of the Mask of Control game story content, ending on the same cliffhanger as the game.
  4. The entire summer story

I mean this is all purely speculation, and it’s still entirely possible they will just cover only the winter story and end the entire series on a cliffhanger, but I feel like something like what I described above would be extremely possible.

1 Like

That would seem to be reasonable. Though 3 and 4 may both be within the maze, seeing as a lot of shots from the character trailers seemed to feature that.

My guess is they may have another three or four episodes in store to cover the summer wave.

1 Like

DANCE OFF (part 2)

7 Likes

Wait a minute, Umarak doesn’t look right in that pic. Unless i’m mistaking and that is a skull villain.

It’s a skull Warrior. What looks to be a antler is actually the handle for the bow it seems. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Im getting strong vibes of Avatar with all this “bending” the Toa are doing.

2 Likes

I do hope TJtO will be released early February. It’s going to be such a long wait if they decide to release it late February and i’m just too excited for it. :stuck_out_tongue:

Akida has teeth

11 Likes

Well, it is a shark…with guns

That unity must hurt, though… :confounded:

3 Likes

A dragon shark with guns. Mustn’t forget it’s part dragon too, or something, according to somewhere I cant recall off the top of my head. That being said the creatures do look to have dragon heads in JTO.

3 Likes

Stud in mid-flight

Also, a minor detail, but his thigh armor is flipped compared to the set

4 Likes

This show should totally take some ques from the Avatarverse. It would be amazing.