Brickonicle's New Format [NOT OFFICIAL] [Pitch]

This topic is meant to help @IllustriousVar @Mesonak @Eljay with the new Brainstorm format (if I’m forgetting other people, sorry).

So, I just saw the newest video on the TTV YouTube channel and watched the part on G3. The cast is having trouble figuring out how to format G3 discussions going forward, and it’s clear they don’t want the hour-long structure, but they still want to do videos.

This topic exists for the sole purpose of helping them out. If anyone can help out with ideas, please comment below with an idea for their new format. I’ll make a list of suggestions in this initial post whenever a new suggestion is made. I currently do not have any suggestions I can think of. I will also bold any suggestions they have accepted.

List of Suggestions:
@Bokarda: “Have each member pick their favorite concept for that week and do an in-depth video on it, starting with the content and moving on to criticisms and revisions. At the end of the video, they show a list of what has been canonized and what has been cut. This would make it clear to the audience what to work off of. In the event that two or more cast members choose the same concept, they do a collab video on it. This could help lessen the burden of having to go over content.”

@Kardax: recaps. A tl;dr bulleted list to summarize the episode. “For example, if a new plot thing was introduced, that can be placed as added, if changes are made those can be shown as topic had some changes. If any set ideas were added, they can just be put up as reviewed and the status of their canonity (canon, semi-canon, non-canon).”
“15 to 20 minute videos that cover 2 to 3 concepts each; recap list at the start and end.”

@odnanref101993: too much time spent on reading pitches in-stream instead of commenting on them (especially lore pitches). Start with “a way of doing lore pitches and discussion in video format, in an engaging way and easy to record way.”

@Sanokal: “overall recap video… to get things kick-started again.”

@ToaNoah_Wafflemeister: “invite creators of pitches that they like (and that they’ve read) to chat about it,” “giving summaries and explaining stuff.”

13 Likes

The main issue they had was that several minutes where spent reading pitches rather than commenting on them. Hence why MOCs or sets were easier to incorporate. Lore pitches were the hardest as rarely anyone read them ahead of time so they ended up reading them on the video.

So I think that the best place to start is figuring out a way of doing lore pitches and discussion in video format, in an engaging way and easy to record way.

I have to apologize as I have no idea how to do that. I will comment if I figure something.

4 Likes

What if the cast would invite creators of pitches that they like (and that they’ve read) to chat about it? Giving summaries and explaining stuff!

6 Likes

I think this is a good idea, involves the community and we can get first hand ideas into brickonicle with the relevant creator explaining their idea in their words, how this would fit into brickonicle and the cast can expand on it. That dialogue would get the brainstorm going.

Edit:
Actually I had a good idea for the recaps and bringing viewers up to speed, each previous episode could have a simple bullet list explanation. For example, if a new plot thing was introduced, that can be placed as added, if changes are made those can be shown as “topic” had some changes.

If any set ideas were added, they can just be put up as “reviewed” and the status of their canonity.

5 Likes

An overall recap video to get everyone up to speed I think will definitely be appreciated to get things kick-started again.

4 Likes

I just thought of a way to help them reduce their hour long discussions. The following are suggestions:

1. Have each member pick their favorite concept for that week and do an in-depth video on it, starting with the content and moving on to criticisms and revisions. At the end of the video, they show a list of what has been canonized and what has been cut. This would make it clear to the audience what to work off of.
  2. In the event that two or more cast members choose the same concept, they do a collab video on it. This could help lessen the burden of having to go over content.
3 Likes

Perhaps the cast bringing the concept creator on as well, however I fear that that may end up making a large number of videos, maybe the concepts are bunched up together for 15 to 20 minute videos that cover 2 to 3 concepts each?

And yeah the recap lists at the start and end.

2 Likes