Canon depiction of some of 2005's events?

What was the canon depiction of some of 2005’s events? By which I am referring to the following scenes

• The Toa Metru’s capture and subsequent mutation into Toa Hordika (in the comics they are captured and mutated above Le Metru, in WoS movie and novel they are captured possibly in Le Metru, in the novel Web of the Visorak they are captured outside the Collesium and in promotional story material they are held in their cocoons in the skyline of Ko-Metru)
  • The introduction to the Rahaga as the Toa are rescued by them (Comics they snagged the strand of webbing that held the Toa up as they fell and brought then down to safety to be explained to about their new powers and what they must do to find a cure, They grabbed them midflight everywhere else else albeit by a different method in each version)
  • How Roodaka found about the Toa’s survival (Horde of Vohtarak tell her in comics, a lone Keelerak in WoS)
  • and lastly a rather odd but still puzzling question (to me anyways) is how the Toa mutated out of their cocoons and fell from the Colosseum or even what the coloration of Visorak webbing would even be in consistent fashion (Mutated inside and had their white webbed cocoons snap from their strand of webbing in the comic, ripped them open in the books and the webs were green per usual, stayed in their for a while before emerging in promotional pictures again green colored and literally had their cocoons explode out of nowhere in the movie and had a yellowish colored web)

I ask these for several reasons.

2005 is a year that I have a fascination with (even if you and many others disagree) due to it being a sort of watershed year for the brand, as it not only wrapped up 5 years of story with many of the characters we knew since 2001 but also ushered in a new darker tone that would survive till the end of the line in 2010/2011 and the start of a different character motivation for Teridax than what had been planned for. The concept of heroes mutating into horrific beast and trying to find a way to not only overcome their new animal like traits but also find their only source of a cure who may not even be real is also unique to me (it also got me into Spiders oddly enough) and being someone who likes a consistent depiction of story events, 2005 is sadly the hardest one to understand due to how much events are vastly depicted in canon stories (especially as an Autistic individual as myself whom admittedly has a hard time understanding certain events in fiction despite knowing practically every major thing about Bionicle thanks to your contributions and the efforts of TTV and BS01. 2005 is for me a confusing year for consistency of depictions due to my OCD to know how things exactly happened) but I wondered what you personally believe is the canon portrayal of those events

3 Likes

The general feeling is that the movie always takes precedence. Everything else – books, comics, etc. - are usually written based on earlier versions of movie scripts. In some cases, as with the web thing you mentioned, there was simply no way to know what the visuals of the film were going to be prior to its being finished, so I was working based on concept art from Advance.

4 Likes

Thanks for the info!

1 Like