Captain Marvel 2- The Marvels

Well we got an official title; The Marvels. I’m going to be very disappointed if capt marvel doesn’t join a superhero girl band and the movies plot doesn’t revolve around an evil band manager trying to make them fail that they must defeat with music.

3 Likes

Can’t say I’m particularly looking forward to the movie. I thought the first one was one of the weaker MCU films.

Not to mention the character has been generally useless. Sure saving tony and blowing up thanos ship was nice but I’m sure there were other ways without her.

Honestly other then The Spider-Man trilogy I feel like th3 mcu is dead now.doctor strange was even supposed to show up in wandavision after she went insane leading into his new movie; we got a random witch instead.

definitely.

Didn’t watch the first Captain Marvel, and lost interest after the first episode of Ms. Marvel, so I doubt I’ll see this movie.

1 Like

Dr strange was pretty good, Spider-Man was amazing, new Thor looks decent, and the uh… Hmm eternals uhh; ok maybe not totally dead but I’m struggling to name anything in the new character movies; the movies either fail miserably or it’s just the same plot we’ve seen before just instead of a cool, eye catching mech suit it’s just some person wearing jewelery.

Meanwhile we have “I am iron man”, “you killed my mother”, “avengers; assemble”, worthy captain america, yonndus death, and so many other things in the previous movies that I’m sure just those few word descriptions I listed just now made you vividly remember those exact scenes.

1 Like

Captain Marvel falcon punched an elderly lady on a train (and didn’t face any legal repercussions). Truly the most powerful Avenger in the MCU, no doubt. Oh, and she can fly. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

She hasn’t even done anything special. Tony could’ve been saved otherwise with some different setup, ant man could’ve infiltrated Thanoss ship and destroyed it from the inside, and uhm hhmm something goose? What has captain marvel achieved minus the avengers namesake?

1 Like

Make Captain Marvel fight The Hulk and someone who can easily control the Infinity Stones. That would be a great movie!

That’s because the new movies (with the exception of Spiderman) aren’t focusing on the characters anymore.

Take for example Doctor Strange 2. Strange’s arc is non-existent, Wanda’s arc is the same one she just had in her show, and America’s arc is “believe in yourself”.

Shang-Chi is even worse. The only character I can point to as having any sort of arc is Shang’s dad. Shang ends the movie in the same place he started it, except now he has powers. His not-girlfriend has a setup for a character arc, but no payoff to it so far, maybe in a sequel.

Eternals, for all the flak that movie gets, does have some emphasis on its characters. The problem is that it’s trying to develop too many at once.

Strange stole food from a street vendor and then made the guy punch himself in the face for a few days.

3 Likes

The entire movie was a really well-made story of how he can’t just live as his vengeful, passionate father or his composed, gentle mother, as he is a combination of both, and he must find the balance between that. It’s very subtle, especially because I don’t believe the concept of balance is ever mentioned once (though the dragon does swim in a Yin-Yang pattern and the Shang-Chi’s musical theme is an brilliant overlap of Wenwu’s theme in a more heroic key over the mother’s enchanting repetition of notes). I just like Shang-Chi.

2 Likes

Hooray, Another movie for me to binge!