Captain Marvel (Movie)

It is possible that that’s just a magazine slogan, but we’ll hopefully know what direction they’ll go soon.

I really hope it’s just a magazine slogan. Also, I read the article, and It’s already got me scared, as it said she “Doesn’t always follow orders,” but then tried to say that that was a good thing? And that people who see this as a flaw are mistaken? I see that as a definite character flaw in the one of the worst ways. I hope that she doesn’t act that way in Avengers 4, like disobeying a direct order from Iron Man or something, that would tick me off.

It probably is a magazine slogan, though I do think your concerns are justified. A few things to consider, though:

1. When the article states that she doesn’t follow orders, we need to be mindful of the dual sides of that trait. Most likely she will be brash and impetuous (though the movie will likely have her grow out of this), but not following immoral orders is a noble trait, and will likely come into play here, as Carol will be interacting with two future radicals (Ronan and Korath) who will probably be all too eager to give her some nasty missions.

2. The interpretation of this trait as a “good thing” may just reflect the belief of the article’s author, not necessarily the tone of the film.

In general, I agree with your concerns. Overtly political movies are something I dislike, particularly when they are movies that attempt to appeal to a broad audience, as Marvel films do. Being excessively political often alienates part of the audience, and I think Marvel Studios is aware of that. Consider “Black Panther,” which dealt with an issue that is arguably even more politically charged than this one, but handled it subtly and with remarkable objectivity. Based on how that film treated its subject matter, I’m hopeful that Captain Marvel will adopt a similar philosophy.

1 Like

I agree.

I mean, look at what Kree have been made out to be:

In Guardians 1, they were terrorists.

In Agents of SHIELD Season 2, they tried to turn everyone into super heroes to make an army.

In Agents of SHIELD Season 3, they had created the leader of the army to be a nearly indefeatable monster.

In Agents of SHIELD Season 5, they revived and plotted so that Earth would be destroyed, they take over the rest, practically enslave everyone and make them kill each other to keep them in line, fed off of their work, and sold Inhumans as he only valuable form of human.

For them to make the Kree sudden protagonists, there will be some convincing that will need to be done. Especially since they seem to view themselves so highly above humanity, and that only their lives matter.

2 Likes

Finally, A trailer. It actually doesn’t look half bad. The trailer didn’t have a single political statement, and that makes me happy. Also, Nick Fury and Coulson! I might go to the movie just to see the two of them together again.

2 Likes

My thoughts almost exactly. I like the mystery angle they’re going with.

1 Like

Looks awesome! I love it! (Can’t help but crack up every time I rewatch Carol punching the smiling old woman, I feel like an awful person)

I love how she’s lost her memories on Earth, I don’t know whether or not that is in the comics, but it sounds really interesting.

1 Like

I hope to see

1. Ronan the Accuser (I think he’s been confirmed though I can’t remember)
  2. Agents of SHIELD references.
  3. Something Inhuman related
2 Likes

After close inspection, I’ve realized Ronan is actually in the trailer, I’ll post the time when I find it.

EDIT: 1:33

Good… very good…

1 Like

Despite what I’ve said and thought about bri Larson being a racist and a sexist online I caved and saw this movie tonight; while not perfect it was pretty good. I have to admit I went in with no expectations and while it was kinda ok it wasn’t the PC train wreck ghostbusters 2016 was.

Just got back. Wow, my fears were not legitimate. That was great!

Talos was the best character.

1 Like

I didn’t even notice it until I checked out the soundtrack, I just thought it sounded cool in the part it was in

I honestly think the Skrull twist was the best thing they could have done. It kept my security about my favorite characters being dead and replaced, and Talos was my favorite character judging from the part he played. (Phil Coulson, though)

I agree. Talos was amazing. I wish Coulson had a bigger role, but it was kinda neat and funny seeing him as a young newbie agent.

1 Like

I’d rather have had the Skrulls still be evil but they had completely left earth. Would’ve made for great future phase opportunities. Though I don’t care as much about the characters as most people do. I just care about the quality of the movies, or at least that I have fun watching them

That’s why there are thousands more and Secret Wars was apparently confirmed or something

oh cool