Cataclysm

OOC: eldritch laughter

“Well well well well weeeeeeeeeeeeelllllll. The angels send a ghost to the dustbowl? Is Leliel busy or something?”

1 Like

“Who is Leliel?” Dr. X asked.

1 Like

“Angel of night? Flippin eck you aint to well read for a labbie are you?”

“I’ve not had much contact with the outside world in my isolation and this state of being was due to my own experiments.” Dr. X explained.

1 Like

Savager stepped back, not expecting his claws to vanish. The regeneration of the claws was delayed, but they did come back eventually.

Bruce thought that Savager had been down for the count, and that the unibeam combined with that explosion would kill him.

But it apparently did not, it only helped Savager ■■■■■ into another one of his grotesques forms. At this point Bruce was just wondering how many forms did this hulking brute even had.

At this point his selected few arsenals didn’t do anything too damaging, what they merely did was slowing Savager down.

“How do I take this brute down…” He muttered to himself. “I guess it’s time to pull out the big guns…” He then looked at Connor which in returned looked at him back, tilting his head questionably.

“Cover me,” Bruce said simply as he activated his repulsors and made his way towards Savager by flying to him.

He landed on his feet and from his back there materialized another construct of weaponry, they seemed to look like rail guns as three popped on his right side and the other three on his left side, it was his Repulsor Lightning Refocuser.

Spider-Man swung by and fired two webs that clenched onto Savager’s fists and pulled him in Bruce’s direction before he suddenly let out six concentrated lightning refocused beams that were coming straight towards him while Spider-Man unleashed a wave of electricity through the webs.

Savager was knocked back by the force, and eagerly returned it with a blow of even harder force to Bruce.

“HAH Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerd!”

The hulking figure took a few more breaths with a steamy gas flowing out of the hole with each exhale. Then they bellowed and charged straight into Savager

Dr. X seemed confused, he hadn’t heard that word before.

At this point Phylactery was lying on their back kicking the air in laughter at this poor poor visitor with zero social skills

Dr. X waited patiently for this fit of laughter to run its course.

“Ahhhhhh, y’know what, I like you so if you want ta head into the pit of endless death and decay be my guest, I haven’t laughed that hard since my home-world exploded!”

1 Like

“We’ll try to not linger for longer than we need to.” Dr. X said, “If you want, you can follow us to make sure we don’t try anything untoward.”

1 Like

“No point, plenty have gone into that hole, none of em came back out, word of advice. If you start feeling tired turn back, else ya won’t come out either.”

1 Like

“Noted.” Dr. X said, giving a respectful bow to Phylactery before heading back to his craft.

1 Like

“yeaahhhhhh something tells me that’s not going to fit in a tiny cave.”

“We don’t need to get inside, just close enough to get the AN to come to us.” Dr. X said as he entered his craft and sealed the airlock and made sure it was safe to enter before he entered the craft’s interior and removed the EVA suit to return to the controls.

“…Ah yeah AN or whatever is kinda screwy it can cancel itself out, most likely to stop people from stealing it. You’ll need to enter the cave of the anchor.”

“Understood.” Dr. X said, “Farewell.”

With that, the craft resumed its course to the Anchor.

1 Like

“He’s gonna get imself killed” Phylactery drily sates to himself

1 Like

Dr. X continues flying to the Anchor.

Eventually he’d come across a slight raise in the ground with a perfectly circular vent-like hole in it, from it the faint stench of decay would emanate

1 Like