Cataclysm

A warning to those who seek this place to stay out if they don’t want to be erased. Dr. X mentally noted.

“deep within this cavern the anchor first landed. A strange world, a strange plane, and filled with strange life.”

Dr. X looks for the source of the voice.

“the first to investigate the object never did return, over time more went in search, more came to fertilise.”

AN has a parasitic effect on those that come in contact with it; using them to make itself stronger. Dr. X thought as he activated the harvester he had, “Everyone, activate harvesters.” He told the angels. (@Mctoran)

1 Like

###“eventually more flocked to this site, beings like you, beings even stronger. only one ever got close enough to it.”

Dr. X just kept an eye on his condition and the status of his harvester as he carefully continued.

##“but you know what the funniest thing was?”

He didn’t respond, focusing on the task at hand and his condition, ready to leave when he started to feel the ill effects of the AN.

#“even that wasn’t strong enough, i’m still here, still bound to this miserable rock! even with a spear through my heart! one good push would shatter me.”

“Who or what are you?” Dr. X asked, continuing what he was doing.

Entertained laughter came from the voice
#“i am the collect.”

“Well met.” Dr. X said as he checked the progress of the harvesting and his current condition.

The harvester wasn’t displaying anything.

#“oh the angles are using dummies are they?”

1 Like

“Excuse me?” He asked. He tries to move a bit deeper into the cave, being careful to be mindful of his condition.

#“to them you’re but an automaton, like the bio machines employed by myself”

Dr. X couldn’t hold back his laughter.

#“i see you met phylactery, i don’t like hi, but i can’t get rid of him, like really he just won’t die!”

“I thought the Collect was one collective entity that can express itself through various avatars and the like.” Dr. X said as he regained his composure.

#“pfft no, the true collect is a being completely beyond comprehension, i am a chunk of the collect’s shadow with very good programming.”