ColdGoldLazarus' Overdesigned MoCs

The colour scheme looks… well… I can’t focus on it… TOO MANY COLOURS!

In all seriousness, teh build seems legit, although the hip joints look a bit sus…

2 Likes

Which MOC are you referring to?

Remnants
Part 3D: Archenar
(Judge)

Relevant Music: (Seriously, this is important!) 1, 2, 3, 4

Story: The eldest of the survivors, Archenar is more burdened than he lets on - his smirking, smarminess, and occasional swagger hiding a calculating mind and a constricted heart. He feels it is the duty of the survivors to attempt to rebuild civilization, and is frustrated at everyone else’s seeming failure to view the broader picture. From the ground level, after all, the city could almost look intact, but his aerial viewpoint reminds him of the full damage every day.
He’s an avid historian and information hunter, searching among the ruins to piece together an account of exactly what it was that brought Sehran civilization to such collapse… and in the process, has discovered a secret that could change everything. Whether it would be for or better or for worse, though, only he knows.

This is definitely one of those cases where younger me did something right for a change. Looking at him now, I honestly couldn’t tell you how he’s put together. In some ways he’s a bit messy, but there is something of a cohesion in his greebled exterior if you look at it right - and it suits his industrial color scheme rather well. Plus, I like how the wide shoulders and forward neck give him an almost vulture-like appearance.

Side and Nyran shots. His propellers can sort of fold down and hook into the wing sections.

Better not let Eljay see this arm. I’m pretty proud of the gear, though; again, I feel it adds to the mechanical aesthetic.

Thigh really isn’t too complex. Also, shoutout to Meltdown for giving him these sweet kneepads.

The lower legs are complete crap, though. I plan to redo these completely, at some point. I like having the two slizer torso pieces where they are, but what’s in the middle needs some serious rethinking.

I took no less than eight different pictures of this wing, trying to get the lighting to look decent. This was the least terrible one.

Closer view of his torso, not that it’ll help too much. I still can’t figure out what I did here.

He’d probably look a lot less ridiculous in the air.

Disk arm launcher things.
Insert motivational Shia picture here.

And a comparison with the original, once again courtesy of Onyx roborider.

Yep, looks better. Though sadly, I failed to completely recreate the box art pose:

Posing for him isn’t the best in general, though, due to his ankle joints and fragile shoulders.

And the disk shot.
Insert Jack Sparrow poster here.

Interactions!

Lesath’s more sober side comes into play where Archenar is concerned, being highly suspicious of Archenar’s secretive tendancies, and keeps a close eye on him when possible.

Antares and Archenar are relatively close friends, and as the two whose ancestry is actually from the city, often spend time together looking among the ruins - the former for spare mechanical parts, the latter for information. Unfortunately, being friends with Archenar and… more so… with Meissa puts Antares in something of a bad spot…

…As Meissa and Archenar cannot stand each other. Always arguing over what’s best for the others, political philosophy, and even irrelevant things. They may have once been friends, but any respect they had for each other has long since evaporated in the face of such long-standing bitterness.

Mira and Archenar, both posessed of silver tongues and sharp wits, have a much friendlier banter going between them. However, Mira has something of an attraction to Archenar, and is unfortunately all-too willing to blind herself to his faults.

Nashira… without Nashira, Archenar would be nothing. A friend and even something of a sister to him, she alone posesses the truest understanding of him, even if he still has his secrets from her. Unlike Antares and Mira, she is aware of his faults, his lying and manipulative personality, and doesn’t give him free reign so easily. At the same time, unlike Meissa and Lesath, she is aware that despite his… questionable methods and deep-seated trust issues, his heart is in the right place for the most part, and seeks to bring out that side of him in a more constructive, more honest manner.
Unfortunately, the relationship doesn’t go both ways at present, as Archenar is so wrapped up within his own head that he doesn’t notice her support and assistance most of the time, and takes it for granted when he does.

Group shot!

Mega group shot!

As per usual, I would deeply appreciate if you shared your thoughts, positive or negative. :smile:

Next Time: Bionicle G1 and G2 collide in unexpected ways!

18 Likes

looks good, I like the wing sprouting function

this interests me

1 Like

Thanks!

1 Like

Really good, as per usual. I wish I had the amount of parts as you, and now I have next to none. ;-;

Anyways, while it’s slightly messy, like the others, Archenar happens to be one of my favorites. the bulky torso combined with the slim legs relly works here, though they could use a little more bulking. The pose mimicking the original is hilarious; while it does its best, he looks like he fell face-first into the ground. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Now, being serious, I’d definitely give it a 9/10. My comments don’t necessarily matter, considering I’m a casual interwebber, but I figured I’d critique anyways.

Bionicle G1 & 2 combine? Interesting… I like it!

(Also, could you change your Self-MOC a bit, please? After drawing her at least 10 times or so, my hand became bored with the same pattern. :stuck_out_tongue:)

1 Like

I got to admit this is great.
But the red and blue pins are distracting and the propellers on the wings feel unnecessary.

2 Likes

Nice legs.

1 Like

Eh, even I’m kinda tight on pieces at the moment, as they’re all being used in MOCs.

Thanks!

True enough. :laughing:

It’s probably going to be underwhelming, actually, but I hope you like it. :slight_smile:

Which one? Lazadahki is presently in Colorado and thus out of my reach until Christmas break or so. That being said, I did make a few changes and I have a few more planned, though they won’t be huge ones. :smile:

Fair enough, Eljay. :stuck_out_tongue:

WHAT
WHAAAT
WHAT THE F-
DO YOU EVEN SLIZERS
https://www.toysperiod.com/img/cache/86/800x600/d4e4o5g414t3y404z2a4p2t234q2r2h4v5f4042354v2r294x2u2.jpg
THE PROPELLERS ARE ALWAYS NECESSARY.

Thank you! :smile:

5 Likes

Ahhh…
This one. Lazadahki is currently the major influence over body appearance. I suppose I can wait, then. :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I feel insulted already.
Even though it’s a joke.
No kidding.

1 Like

Sorry you feel that way, but just… I even had a comparison shot in there. If there are no propellers, it isn’t even Judge.

2 Likes

I wish I had that many yellow pieces.

2 Likes

Admittedly a bunch of them are keetorange, but I see where you’re coming from. I’m somewhat worried that my inevitable Bitil revamp will be too black.

4 Likes

That magnifying glass. 10/10!
Love her weapon as well!

1 Like

I really want to see your interpretations of Blaster and Millennium.

1 Like

Thanks!

They’re coming. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not my reaction:

Everything is great! Or awesome.

5 Likes

Woo! Considering the others so far as grand, these might be the best, though is Millennium going to have his bike transformation?

(Also, I envy you if you have black Slizer wings.)

By the way, you have “Torch” in there? I’d love to see him with a crotch-head, remniscient of Ranaki the original.

1 Like

Wow. They really look great together. Quirky, but all the better for it!

I really wish I had done this back when I got all of the first wave slizers.

Do you, by any chance, plan to do the mutants?

1 Like