ColdGoldLazarus' Overdesigned MoCs

Blast it, Ebay. What is it with your high shipping prices?

But still…

White Slizer.

4 Likes

That was still a pretty good lot…

2 Likes

$5.75 shipping for me. To bad I can’t receive packages anymore at this address. :unamused:

4 Likes

Dang, I’m getting gipped… :unamused:

2 Likes

Well, looks like we’re deviating from the plan again. Nothing really exciting here, just an update to a previous MOC and a couple of small experimental builds, along with a Joke MOC. Let’s start with that last one!

’10 Good Guy

Now on to the serious stuff.

This is a spaceship I made; one of the few times I’ve really used much from the traditional System; about half of the pieces here are borrowed from my brother’s Ninjago sets.

Bottom is pretty flat, but I want to point out the use of the triangular pieces.

Landing gear.

Some further views of the exterior. I’m pretty happy with how the front turned out.

And here’s the moment of truth. The whole thing opens up into “Battle Mode,” focused more on offense than maneuverability. The hyperdrive engine can still be used for last-ditch escapes, but it isn’t reccomended.

Fun fact: the only place I used actual turntable pieces was for the swiveling cannons up top. The main folding function is acheived solely through a number of plates stacked up on the corners. The overall build is incredibly dense, too.

So next up is a Constraction/Technic mech that I call BM01. The reasoning behind the name shall be revealed in due time. One could even say… “the knowing will come.”

Side and back views.

What could possibly ride in such a strange cockpit as this? Well, whatever it was, this cockpit was the basis around which the rest of the mech was built. Also note how the shoulder liftarms can click onto the main body.

When they aren’t, said body can lift out entirely…

…and transform into a hovercraft!

Now, what’s with the name? Who or what is intended to drive this thing?

Ladies and Gentlemen, allow me to introduce you to Breezie Mech 01; BM01 for short.

Again, the whole mech was built around this. Silly? Yes. Interesting unconventional experiment? Also yes.

…Just gonna let this one speak for itself.

Finally, update time! I wanted to get your opinions on these, thus why I put it last - otherwise the Breezie Mech would likely overshadow this.

To-Do list:
Replace the light grey pieces with black or dark grey where possible
Replace trans-green with gold or black: EXPERIMENTING
Replace head with nuurakh head
Replace neck with socket and friction joint: DONE! (Sorry, Onua, but you were only using the one arm for your hammer anyway.)
Improve skirt: DONE!
Shorten legs
Complete the shoulder that was missing a System grille piece: DONE!
Add eyes: DONE!

So, yeah. I would have preferred to have something darker to use for the eyes, but I don’t know if that spike piece comes in Mata Green. Does the neck look better, or a bit too stumpy now? And possibly the most important; does adding a bit more trans-green (to the thighs in case you missed it) help even things out a bit more, or does it still look worse than Galidor to you?

Next Time: We get back on track, hopefully.

16 Likes

This is blasphemy, this is madness!

How can you meld Bionicles and Ponies?!

3 Likes

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA

I can’t tell if you’re joking or seriously outraged, but I’ll assume the former. And to answer the question - with much evil laughter.

12 Likes

what did you use for lazahdahki’s(hope I remembered that right) eyes?
it looks like small claws, but I’m not sure.
I bring it up because that’s what I used for my vortixx.

your mocs are still looking good.

and that’s how Fallout:Equestria was made!

6 Likes

The same small spike pieces as Pohatu, PoS, and LOSS have, but in lime green.
Huh. Did I miss your Vortixx? I haven’t checked your MOC topic lately.

Thanks!

YES. XD

2 Likes

Dug this up from a few months ago. Vahki Leg. WIP. LDD. Legs fold up, but I was too lazy to do that back when I took these screencaps. Not much to say, really.

15 Likes

Holy gadunka those are complex…

3 Likes

Particularly so in the feet; I just wish I had these pieces in these colors IRL. Not sure if the thing would be able to support its own weight, though; all the leg joints are connected by lightsaber rods.

megatron!?

4 Likes

Heh, not quite, though I certainly took some inspiration… :stuck_out_tongue:

them leggggs.

1 Like

I will steal this… thingie:

RD

7 Likes

Mmmmm

Heh, nice!

1 Like

This is definitely a great MoC, but that color scheme is going to drive me insane >.>

3 Likes

Which one?

It’s just that it seems to be all over the place. Red, gold, silver, grey, green, yellow, and a couple other colors just starts to looked jumbled and an eyesore to look at. The build itself looks great, so all I really recommend is swapping out some of the pieces for recolors.

1 Like