ColdGoldLazarus' Overdesigned MoCs

And purple, though at least that one’s coming back into play. :wink:

Yeah, I was wondering about that. I think it works on the arms, but with the legs, it maybe contrasts a bit too much with the huge lower legs.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

your welcome… I really miss teal

3 Likes

[quote=“Middlefingerstudios, post:162, topic:5519, full:true”]
your welcome… I really miss teal
[/quote]You and me both. :frowning:

[quote=“DarkTakanuva, post:164, topic:5519”]
“Ya say ya need something pickaxed?”
Vahki beast mode… engaged!
[/quote] Heh, nice. :smile:

[quote=“DarkTakanuva, post:164, topic:5519”]
This revamp is awesome. There’s not really anything else I can say.
Keep it up!
[/quote] Thanks, and shall do!

3 Likes

“Ya say ya need something pickaxed?”

Vahki beast mode… engaged!

This revamp is awesome. There’s not really anything else I can say.

Keep it up!

EDIT: They probably won’t bring back teal, but I’m would like it if they made parts in a dark turquoise color. Especially CCBS. That would be cool.

Teal + CCBS = awesomeness squared

5 Likes

Neat… anyways, is there going to be Millenia slizer revamp thing? Im hunting for her on local services and sites, and all :G

Now you need to make CCBS Dashing Rainbow, since Invfrmblw had perfect colour of bones xP

1 Like

It’s design really fits it’s motif.

1 Like

YES. I WOULD LOVE THAT.

That’s definitely coming down the line, though I actually want to try to make the motorcycle as well, first… I actually have the pieces to do so; I just need to make the design work.

[quote=“Creep, post:165, topic:5519”]
Now you need to make CCBS Dashing Rainbow, since Invfrmblw had perfect colour of bones xP
[/quote] Huh?

[quote=“RECspiriah, post:166, topic:5519, full:true”]
It’s design really fits it’s motif.
[/quote] Thanks!

4 Likes

Usually i’d complain about these MOCs having no flow, parts being clumped together and whatnot, but considering that they’re all pure robotic beings, it gives them more of a steam punk scrapyard look, which is very nice. Also, props on giving them all such unique, complex and intricate builds! :smile:

1 Like

No flow? How so?
Well, they aren’t completely robotic in my version of the story, but scrapyard is rather accurate, both in story and in their IRL builds.
Thanks!

2 Likes

I just watched JANGBRiKCS’ review of this guy this morning. Very nice revamp. I like how the pickaxes are now actually able to hit something. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

He did? Awesome!

Thanks! And yeah, that was one of my big goals with the revamp; I’m really happy with how that part turned out. :smile:

Now, off to watch that review!

5 Likes

Time to dust off some legos, clear some (mostly) metaphorical cobwebs, and scoot my collection of 2015 sets to the other side of the room.

I’m back, baby.

Remnants
Part 3B: Mira
(Electra)

Relevant Music: 1, 2

Story: The youngest of the survivors of the Sehran Cataclysm, Mira’s intellectual awareness of the nature of the group’s post-apocalyptic lifestyle has little bearing on her emotional state of contentedness with life, as she only dimly remembers her childhood before the cataclysm. As a result, she is considerably more carefree than the rest, traipsing and tumbling about the ruins without thought. She’s an incorrigible prankster and something of a romantic at times, but with a wit as sharp as a blade, she’s by no means stupid, just… shallow.
Her family came from the Sea Of Energy, an inland sea rocked by unending thunderstorms, between the Polar City and the northwestern continent, and she often enjoys flying about the region - appreciating the beautiful views atop the clouds before diving in amongst the lightning to sharpen her already-quick reflexes.

While not one of my best, I still think she’s a build I can be proud of.

Nyran shot. I wasn’t able to force a useless gear into her design as a homage to the original sets, sadly.

Arms are pretty simple; as with Kaus, her upper arms are simple Slizer leg pieces. I think the bulkiness of the lower arm and the skinniness of the upper create a nicely contrasting, insectoid look, but it may just look hideous given my lack of objectivity on the matter.

The leg is pretty simple; I wish I hadn’t had to clump most of the purple in her thigh, but my piece options were getting to be severely limited by that point. I also probably made a bad call with the bohrok teeth, as supporting that weight is starting to put strain on the axle connectors.

The wing is a fairly basic outline. If I ever learn how to do fabric-y things, I want to make a sort of slipon cover with the same sort of cloth they used for Vezon’s cape. Unfortunately, they don’t stay up too well when she’s standing like this, so my thumb gets a small cameo.

Fairly simple tail, though it’s a fair bit longer than Kaus’s thanks to the av-matoran arm.

I decided to remove her limbs for the torso shot, as it’s kind of involved.
The upper torso is kind of a mess of thin technic brackets connected by copious amounts of pins and axles, but somehow it comes together pretty well, in my opinion. Of particular note is the wing connectors.

The lower torso is a bit more straightforward; I’m really glad the risky move of using the Metru Waist upside-down didn’t turn out as bad as I feared it would. I do think it would look better if I replaced the white ball socket with a black one, though, to accentuate the hips a bit better.

And as you might expect, there’s waist articulation. Mira is much more flexible than her fellows, both in-story and in their MOCs.

Dragonfly mode! The wings stay level far more easily here, as the vital hinge is much sturdier.

The setup is pretty similar to Kaus, but where his back legs turn around, hers just bend forward at an almost alarming angle.

Couldn’t get the original model together for comparison for obvious reasons, but here’s her with her disks at any rate.

Duck and cover!
Posing is pretty decent, but her balance can often take lots of minute adjustments to perfect, thanks to the wings - fortunately, the tail can genuinely help take up the slack.

“Ah pity da foo’.”
The waist joint also has some pretty strong side-to-side action, though the hip spikes do kind of get in the way sometimes.

Disk shot, of course. There was a second one with better lighting, but I went with this one just because her pose screams attitude. Even if it is against character. :laughing:

Interactions!

While both are the more comedic members of the group, Mira’s harmless sarcasm is a far cry from Lesath’s more malign antics. She often calls him out when he’s going too far, and with two people more than capable of some bitingly caustic remarks, these incidents are quick to devolve and leave everyone present feeling worse-off.

Mira treats Meissa as a mother of sorts, much to the latter’s discomfort; while she loves the younger girl as a sibling would, the flier’s frequent attempts to get her to lighten up only serve to grate on her nerves even further.

Group shot!

As per usual, please let me know what you think! What could I improve on? What did you like or dislike? Are these too dusty?

Next Time: Another thing I loved about Slizers was just how… wild… some of the designs could get.

13 Likes

With that out of the way, time to actually comment on your most recent moc, and not your first one.

Blah, blah, blah, nice Scorpion Dragon. 10/10

1 Like

Well, she actually is supposed to be from the same race, so I’d say it makes sense.

Thanks!

4 Likes

So are these guys. That doesn’t mean that they are built the same. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
#/s

You are welcome!

4 Likes

don’t know if you noticed, but lazadahki actually has a different build to roodaka, not to mention different details and a different color scheme.

3 Likes

Seems like my post has a lack of /s.

Fixed it.

1 Like

I got to say this pretty good!
But the blue and red are practically exposed everywhere and it breaks the the color scheme.
That’s it from me.

1 Like

True, though I’d argue that other than some broad superficial similarities, the build between my MOC and Roodaka is very different. :smile:

Kapura’d.

Thanks!

Yeah. It’s only really bad in the wing joints, but I do agree it’s a bit distracting.

2 Likes

About time we had another of these :stuck_out_tongue: Great job as always! Don’t see many purple MOCs let alone sets these days.

2 Likes