Community Reviews: Rules and Guidelines

Hello everybody, and welcome to Community Reviews! This will be a place for people to post set reviews of Lego sets that they have acquired. There are, however, a couple rules and guidelines to follow.

Text reviews only: While we understand a lot of people prefer video reviews, this forum will be solely for text-based reviews. Supplementary videos are acceptable, but only for the purposes of demonstrating set functions that cannot be properly conveyed in text format. Video reviews can be posted in the Advertising forum.

Keep it to LEGO: If there’s actually demand for a Mega Bloks Review section sometime in the future, we’re perfectly open to expanding this. For now, keep it to Lego sets only.

Make a new topic for every set you review: There’s no need for one general topic featuring multiple set reviews. That could get cluttered fast. Feel free to make a new topic for each set you feel like creating a review for.

There can be multiple reviews for any given set: Somebody else already created a review for a certain set? Don’t be discouraged! Feel free to add your own.

Follow all the other rules and guidelines: This one’s pretty self explanatory.

Enjoy, and happy reviewing!

-Mesonak

16 Likes

Ooh… I was waiting for something like this to happen…

Now, thanks to Meso, I can make Chronicler’s Recent Reviews.

Thanks, buddy!

Although, I will say: I feel like it’ll be cluttered if people make a certain review on a single set, as well. I mean, it would be nice to make a review by each user, but I feel like it would be more organized if we do a single topic about reviews for a set.

2 Likes

Well, time to go review every set I own.

3 Likes

YES, FINALLY THIS IS A THING!!!
We did it.

4 Likes

Question.
Can pictures accompany the text in these reviews?

2 Likes

Oh man this is a thing.

It’s happening…

2 Likes

That would be a yes.

Pictures are common in text reviews, so go ahead with them.

3 Likes

What if you want to review a set that was released alongside the same set, except both have different color schemes?

I want to start reviewing Galidor sets, and two of the characters in the line have a regular form and a “deluxe” form. Would it be okay if I were to include both the regular and deluxe form for one character all in one review topic?

2 Likes

Soooooo we can’t post reviews of books Etc? I recently finished Book and would have liked to post an review on it D:

1 Like

Can we make reviews on non-building toys? Maybe in a different category?

2 Likes

But if i review something non-Lego,in which category would it go?
Because i ordered something recently and i’d like to review it here when i get it.

EDIT: Pls somebody answer mee
@Mesonak

2 Likes

My best guess is Off-Topic.

2 Likes

Let’s say, hypothetically I wanted to do a comparison/ contrast review of two very similar Mega construx/ lego sets.

Would that still be violating this rule as long as a keep the focus on the lego set.

Also this might be the most powerful revival yet

Bada bing bada boom I resurrect this topic from its doom.

1 Like