Conduit: Race Against Time(RP Topic)

Jeff nods. “Alright then, we’d better get going before someone else beats us there or something.” He says, stretching as he gets up.

2 Likes

“Agreed.” Zablex says, getting up and moving to dispose of his garbage.

1 Like

Once everyone is ready, Jeffrey heads out of the airport, looking for wherever the uncovered entrance was.

1 Like

Zablex wasn’t far behind.

1 Like

Eliza and Alex keep up with the group, shading their eyes and taking in the sights of the city.

1 Like

Fred walked in a manner so as to not look as suspicious as possible, though this act in itself only made him look even more suspicious.

“You’re trying too hard.” Zablex whispered to him, “Just walk normally.”

Jeff may notice that metallic glint he saw before at the restaurant now and then as his coat billowed now and then due to him walking.

OOC: Don’t worry, he has a permit for it.

1 Like

OOC: Eliza’s going to kill him if she finds out… and if that’s what I think it is. :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: “Suspicious?” Alex asks. “Who’s suspicious? I sure don’t see anyone suspicious.” She winks, an exaggerated motion.

1 Like

Zablex gives Alex a warning look.

The idea is to not attract attention. he thought.

1 Like

Jessica follows behind them, idly staring at the conduit worn by Alex and Eliza.

1 Like

Jeff falls back next to Zablex. “What’s that?” He asks.

Zablex almost rolls his eyes and briefly shows a couple fighting knives (a pair of sais and a modern knife) and his obsidian escrima, “Don’t worry,” He whispered to Jeff, “I have a perfectly legal concealed carry permit for these.”

1 Like

“You sure seem to have an…exotic taste in your tools of self-defense.” Fred remarked.

Fred may notice the blade/edge of the sais and knife were of the same obsidian as the flute and escrima, “I’ve tinkered a bit and found this stuff holds an edge quite well.” He said quietly.

OOC: @Runa, feel free to clarify if this is a property of the Obsidian Conduit’s petrification properties when applied to weapons.

1 Like

“That’s fair.” Jeff concedes. Out of the corner of his eye, he sees what seems to be someone suspiciously darting into an alleyway. “Well, that seems like a good place to start.” Jeffrey says, running after whoever that person was.

1 Like

Zablex follows suit, ready to draw a weapon if one was needed.

1 Like

“Wait, what’s going on?” Alex asks as Eliza takes her hand, dragging her after the others. Eliza slides sunglasses over her eyes with her other hand, then clutches her pendant tightly.

1 Like

Fred began to walk quickly in the direction of the mysterious figure who had darted into the alley.

1 Like

The strange person ducks down, and dips into what seems to be some hole in the ground.

Out the other side of the alley, the dig site could be seen, swarmed by reporters and fenced off by the police.

Jeffrey slows as he approaches, and checks that everyone is behind him. “I think we found our safe entryway.” He says to them.

2 Likes

“So, we just…go inside there then?” Fred asked reluctantly.