Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Mokuzai sighs and activates his future sight to get a quick rundown.

Ideruba peeks from behind a tree. “Can’t do much without blood on me.”

Zablex gestures for Jeff to go first seeing as how his attire didn’t exactly scream friendly to some folks while Jeff’s was more approachable.

OOC: I thought that’s what we were going to use it for

IC: Eliza remains on the ground for a moment, her brain slowly processing current events.

2 Likes

Jeff snuck in, watching the man.

Moku might see the man scramble to his feet and say something in a strange tongue. Then the futures split.

In one he’d see the man startled, but intent on trying to listen, while Shelby heads to get the book they found earlier.

In another, he runs up and tries to hit Jeff with a small hammer.

Mokuzai sighs Time to take the hammer for the group. He steps forward in front of Jeffery and whispers “Can I take a stab at this?”

Zablex stays back, keeping his distance in case of an attack.

The man hears him and scrambles to his feet, holding his hammer up defensively, but shaking severely. “Kuka sinä olet?!” He asks, his voice trembling. Something on his side glints in the moonlight.

Zablex cranes his neck to see what the shiny thing was. He also tried to place what the guy said.

Mokuzai raises his hands and wiggles them in the air with a smile. No point in trying to talk to someone who can’t understand me.

“Pysy etäällä!” He’d then say.

The thing on his side wouldn’t be destinguishable in the relative darkness.

Jeffrey was slightly taken aback.

Shelby slipped away, running back to the library.

Zablex had an idea and carefully took a step closer and tried to whistle a tune.

It was a more cheerful and older tune about the Conduits, maybe this guy was interested in them like they were.

Music was a universal language of sorts along with math and science, maybe there was a way to use it to communicate? He felt it was worth a shot considering that talking wasn’t exactly a possibility at the moment.

Something on the top of the hammer would glow, and the hammer would shine and turn a shade of black. The guy takes a step back.

Shelby runs into the library, nabs the book, and runs out. “New guy!” She yells as she leaves.

Mokuzai looks at Zablex raising an eyebrow and looks at everyone around him. “Can we like, not yell? I don’t think we’re doing any good.”

Holly sits in the library fiddling with her watch

Zablex saw this and shows his Obsidian Conduit, testing the reaction.

He kept whistling the tune until he reached the second repeat of the chorus and gave a few bars before stopping and pointing to the man, trying to convey that Zablex was inviting the old man to sing along if he knew the song.

He tried his best to not look threatening or intimidating.

The man stayed where he was, still trembling.

Shelby came back in. “I got the book!” She said quietly. She walked towards the man, he took more steps backwards. She sat down and held the book out. The man started walking towards her slowly, hammer still up.

Zablex softly hums the tune to himself as he stepped away.

Mokuzai stares at him Oh my god you’re stupid.

He sighs watching. Not my fault if she gets hammered in the head. Its almost like fate wants to screw me over. Thats what I get for being lucky.

1 Like

He bends down and puts his hand on the book, and the gem glows blue, as do both of their hands. Then, it all stops. He looks up. “Who are you all?” He asks as he steps back again.

His armor could be seen when he was that close, as could the cracked silver crown dangling from his hip.

Eliza appears in the doorway to the building. She hovers there, seemingly uncertain as to what to do.

“Conduit bearers, like yourself.” Zablex said after the initial shock passed.