Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Jeff sees something in the relative darkness. “What’s that?” He wonders aloud. “Looks kinda like a person.”

Zablex walks over to see if he could get a closer look.

A pink glow would shine for a brief moment from the chest of the figure, then it would begin standing up.

Jeffrey stepped back. “That definitely isn’t good.” He said.

Zablex readies his escrima to fight and steps back.

The figure would fully stand, revealing a face with no defined features, a pink teardrop shaped gem in its chest surrounded by runes, and a silvery colored body, with bits of bronze paint left where it had yet to chip off.

Vaarinty gasped. “They still work.” He said, shocked.

“Some kind of automaton?” Zablex asks.

“Yes.” Vaarinty responds.

“This is amazing!” Jeffrey exclaims. “It seems to be powered by a gemstone. Judging by the coloration and what I can see from here, I think it’s a kunzite. This needs to be researched more thoroughly.”

“Kansalaiset, tämä alue on rajoitettu vain valtuutetuille ihmisille. Palaa kaupunkiin ennen voiman käyttöä.” The robot says through what seems to be a speaker on its mouth area, albeit with a lot of white noise accompanying it.

“Maybe wait for that.” Vaarinty tells them. “It said to return to the city or it’ll have to fight us.”

“But this is the only place around here we can get what we want from.” Jeffrey says. “Plus, if we deactivate it, it’ll be easier to study. Could you guys help me with that?”

“Vaarinty, can you command it?” Zablex asked.

He shakes his head. “No. I don’t know how these things work, really, other than that the Conduit is a part that gets slotted in as a power source. So I would have forged the core, but not the rest of the robot.”

“Can’t you request it to stand down in some way? You were the Royal conduit maker.” He asked.

“But I wasn’t actual royalty. I have no power over it.” He said. “And likely I wasn’t put into its system as authorized since it’s highly unlikely I’d even be out of the capital, let alone here.”

The machine lets out another garbled message. “Et edes lue näitä olet.” It says.

“Looks like our time is up.” Vaarinty said. “It’s about to start fighting.” He takes the hammer off his belt.

Zablex brings out his escrima, Vaarinty would be able to recognize it as being of the same obsidian-like material that his Conduit could create.

The robot would run at him.

Vaarinty readies his hammer for a fight.

Zablex strikes with his escrima to hit the charging automaton in the neck.

The robot would take the blow and give one back, straight at Zablex’s stomach.

Vaarinty would come in with a downwards swing of his hammer at the robot’s head, solidifying it and his arm as it hit so as to give more force, then unfreezing afterwards, landing in a defensive stance.

The robot would whip around and attempt a round punch at Vaarinty’s face but he’d duck out of the way just in time.

Zablex cries out as the hit connected and staggers back to his feet, “Okay,” he groaned, “Now I’m ticked.”

Vaarinty uppercuts the machine in its chin with a petrified fist and arm, throwing it back. “Small of the back!” He yells at Zablex.

Zablex nods and petrified his hand that was holding the escrima and tries to strike the aforementioned spot on the automaton as hard as he could.

The force of the blow knocked the conduit within the robot out of place just enough for Vaarinty to reach forwards and rip it out, rendering the machine inert. “Good job.” He said.

“And now we even have the Conduit we were after.” Jeffrey commented.

Zablex sat down and clutched his stomach, the blow from the robot still hurt. He restored his hand but kept the escrima petrified.