Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

Vaarinty would maybe see a CIA angent watching them, but it was unlikely as he was well hidden. The coast was clear.
@Runa

Vaarinty spots something in the bushes. “What’s that?” He asks.

Shelby looks over. “Eh, probably like, a rabbit or something.”

Vaarinty eyes it warily, then continues on his way.

“Doubt it.” Zablex said quietly.

The CIA agent was then gone, realizing that he had been seen.

The scene was now empty, and there was nobody else present.
@BlackBeltGamer98

Zablex follows the group, still wary of anyone he would consider an enemy or impediment.

Within a few hours, they’d near another old city. Vaarinty looks around and sees someone. “Um, guys?” He asked.

1 Like

Zablex looked for anything amiss.

Eliza jogs a bit to catch up, having fallen a bit behind the others. Her legs are burning and ready to be done; hopefully Vaar was calling for a rest.

“We should take a break.” Jeff says.

Vaarinty nods and hides in one of the rubble buildings.

Confused, but wary, Jeff and Shelby follow.

1 Like

Eliza follows, slumping against the first wall she finds. She sits against the wall, staring forlornly at her feet.

“You okay?” Shelby asks, scooting over beside her.

Eliza shrugs. “If I’m being honest, I thought we were going to take the helicopter.”

Shelby looks like she was going to say something, then stopped and turned to Jeff. “Yeah, why the hell didn’t we take the helicopter?!”

Jeff shrugs. “I don’t see anywhere safe to land here. Too much rubble.”

“Well what about the countryside we were in like five minutes ago?”

“…Oh. Shoot.”

Eliza laughs wearily. “It’s fine; exercise is good for you.”

Shelby chuckles as well.

Zablex might feel a presence staring at him, but it would be hard to place the exact location.

“I can tell you’re there.” He calls out, stopping and drawing his escrima, “Why don’t you drop the stealth and step into the light rather than hide in the shadows?”

No response. Only a slight ■■■■■ in the air. Whoever or whatever it was was gone, but they may be back later. For now, the coast was clear for the others to continue onward.

1 Like

“Another time.” Zablex said, “We’ll chat later.” He resumes walking, keeping a watchful eye out for anything amiss.

OOC: he is now alerted.

Nothing was around anymore. It seemed to have fled, fearing discovery.