Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

“Conduit?” Asked Kenny “I don’t know what you’re talking about, all I know is that your talking nonsense, maybe I need my ears and eyes checked!” Kenny would chuckle at his own joke and snatch the ring back

“I can assure you,” Zablex said as he partially unwrapped his arm from the sling for Kenny to see. “We are not talking nonsense.”

He grimaces as he causes the petrification to deactivate and return his arm to normal for a few moments before re-petrifying it into the obsidian-like material and wrapping it back up in the sling.

His Mjolnir pendant’s runes glowed with pale grey light for a couple seconds as its power was switch off then back on.

Jeff stares at him. Not nonsense, ancient powers. Kenny might hear in his head in Jeff’s voice, while Jeff’s mouth never moves.

“Ancient powers?” Kenny asked “Nonsense this ring is just a little precious that’s all” Kenny fidled with the ring and for a few seconds there were multiples of him!
“Okay, that is freaky!” Kenny chuckled

“That’s one word for it,” Eliza mumbles. “I’m Eliza, by the way. Sorry you got wrapped up in this mess.”

Hope stood up and thanked Bailey, before walking over to sit on a piece of rubble.

“Strike one of them.” Zablex requested, referring to the clones.

Vaarinty watched from where he sat.

Shelby nodded. “Neato Burrito.” She said.

Hope fingered her ring.
She watched as the group conversed with each other. She sighed.

Shelby looks over at her. “What’s up?” She asks.

“I- I’m not sure what all of this is.” She waved her hand at the group and her ring. “It goes against everything I was brought up to believe, and to see it exist like that- I’m not sure what’s real and what’s not anymore.”

“Isn’t it exciting though?” Jeffrey butts in. “Like, it just tells us that there’s so much more out there we can find out. I mean, the more we find out is wrong, the more we can learn, and the closer we can get to the truth.”

“…Well, I guess. I kinda just never thought about it.” Shelby says.

“But still. Having my entire belief becoming unraveled- it’s… not easy to go through.” Hope looked at her ring.
“So what is this? What did it do to that lady?”

Jeff looked it over. “It has the ability of Stasis. It can freeze inanimate objects in space-time temporarily. They store kinetic energy during that time, all of which is released at once when the time runs out.”

Hope’s eyes widened.
“Whoa. That’s…”
she struggled to find the right words.
“Amazing.”

Bailey looks down, mumbling. “I only get to make things bouncy.”

1 Like

Hope looks at Bailey.
“Bouncy?”
She tapped her chin. “But that could be incredibly useful! Say you’re falling, and you make the ground bouncy so that you don’t die! Or you could make anpeojectile bouncy, and it just… bounces instead of doing any real damage.”

Bailey laughs a little, lifting up his hand and showing the scratches and bruises from him catching the brick at such speed. “Afraid it doesn’t work like that. The impact stays the same.”

1 Like

Hope’s face falls.
“Oh.” She shrugs. “Well, its still fairly practical.”

“It is kinda entertaining watching bricks bounce,” Eliza adds. “Not something I expected to see… well, ever.”