Conduit: Race for Power (RP Topic)

He points his blade up into the sky upon going outside. “He’d likely stay close to home. He knows not as much as you think, I reckon.”

“Care to bet on that?” Zablex asked, “He knows how much the world has changed and can use that knowledge to hide somewhere far away from here, knowing you’d search near here first and allow himself more of an opportunity to vanish from you.”

“You’ve been gone for many centuries, the world is not like how you remember and knew it; it’s become a whole new creature.” He told the King, “Like the ever-changing Labyrinth of Minos, nothing is as it was last time you were here.”

He keeps his sword pointed to the sky. “That’s him.” He tells Zablex.

Shelby walks out to see. “Eh, little far away to tell.” She mutters.

Jeffrey follows. “Oh! It is.” He said. “But how do we get him down?” He turns to the King. “After this, I’d like some questions answered, please.”

King Keddagsadz does not respond.

Zablex hobbles out, trying to see what he was pointing to.

It looked to be a figure in the sky, possibly a man, but it might also be a big bird. “We need to find Myrsky.” Keddagsadz said.

Shelby aimed her fist up towards the finger, one eye closed, trying to aim a bit better, it seems.

Zablex looks for if it was a plane (the blinking lights).

“What if I told you mankind has learnt how to fly without magic and place devices among the stars that circle around the whole Earth as the Moon does?” Zablex asked.

“I would tell you I don’t care. Flying is much different from Floating.” He says, and the ground nearby starts to rumble as a large spire rises out.

The shaking makes Shelby fall as she shoots off a lightning bolt, it going just above the figure’s head. It started to float down and towards them.

Zablex focuses on the figure and King, one way or another, he was going to find the truth of this matter.

Hope followed the group, totally and absolutely confused.
“Could I get an explanation?” She asked loudly.

Kenny hadn’t spoken much on the entire journey, he looked at the king and smirked, he flooked at his ring and aimed it at the king, almost instantly a few clones started attacking him

Keddagsadz teleported behind them all, drawing his sword and slashing them down. “Idiot!” He growled, pointing at the descending figure.“There’s a much bigger threat at hand!”

Vaarinty floats down to meet them face to face. “I really must thank you for helping me fix this masterpiece.” He tells them, smiling slyly. “I think here would be a great place to test its capabilities. Maybe on you, My King.” He says, spitting venom in the title.

Hope deftly dodged.
“Hey!” She yelled at Vaarinty. “Would you mind givin’ us an explanation, before killing him?”

OOC:
Whoops. “Spitting venom.” Wasn’t meant to be an attack, but more so a descriptor of his tone of voice.

Zablex growls and looks for a gun…or a grenade, whatever’s on hand that can mees up both these old guys and actually figure out what in the fiery pits of Karzahni is going on here!!!

1 Like

Vaarinty shoots a bolt of lightning at the King, who teleports out of the way, behind Vaarinty, and slashes with his sword, but he’s blocked by a gem construct. “Nice try.” Vaarinty tells him.

Jeff and Shelby wait on the sidelines, not sure anymore of who is in their side.

Hope growls.
She points her ring at Vaarinty and attempts to put his ■■■■■ in Stasis.

Eliza stares at where Vaarinity disappeared in shock. She then follows the others outside, thoroughly annoyed.

“Vaarinity!” she shouts, cupping her hands around her mouth to amplify the sound. “You get down here right now you lying son of a-!” She cuts off with a growl.

His ■■■■■ is put into stasis, and in response, he stopped moving or attempting to move. He then glared at her, the ground below her quaking.

Sorry, old man. Zablex thought as he tried to approach him and land a knockout hit.

Eliza ignores the ominous rumbling, looking around for anything that might help them against the madman. He was in the air. That meant the only thing they could use against him were conduits, and she needed him out of the air.

“Excuse me sir,” she says, hiding her anger beneath a thin veneer of politeness. “Er, your Majesty. What defenses does he have right now? He can reflect conduits; what else?”