Could a LEGO Ideas Project Save Bionicle/Constraction?

Hahahahahaha no. That’s not how it works.

Ven probably wants constraction to come back in some way, shape, or form. But the likelihood that it will occur via him aligning TTV with whatever fan concept exists is extremely low to the point that it’s by no means worth bothering.

Maybe somehow I could convince Ven to do that. But there’s no way I’m successfully convincing everyone else in TTV to go along with it. Not to say that Ven would be easy to manipulate for whatever constraction-related purpose (or anything really), but one person < however many people are actually on the cast I can’t keep track anymore.[quote=“LegoDavid, post:20, topic:49772”]
I mean seriously, a LEGO Ideas Project has a much higher chance of happening than Brickonikle or whatever other fan project people are trying to pitch to LEGO.
[/quote]

On the contrary, Brickonicle has a higher chance. Why? Because it’s introducing a new concept to the fanbase and possibly even to the designers, to have minifigure versions of their favorite heroes in their favorite theme. It’s showing that people still want Bionicle even if it isn’t constraction, but since Bionicle is constraction by nature, it’s bound to show up somewhere if the theme were to make a system return.

LEGO Ideas is a collection of very specific suggestions. And there’s already Bionicle projects on there and when it was LEGO CUUSOO that have gone absolutely nowhere. And I’ve supported them.[quote=“LegoDavid, post:20, topic:49772”]
So yeah, maybe try to submit a Licensed MOC such as that Sauron, and if it gets the support it needs, LEGO would have no reason to not make it.
[/quote]

Well they aren’t exactly making LotR sets nor have they shown any sign of having a current contract with the franchise…[quote=“LegoDavid, post:20, topic:49772”]
The true question is… Has been any large scale, true project worthy of being submitted? From I saw, not really. So we can’t make assumptions before we even tried it. If we make the project, gather all the support it needs, and still fail miserably, than only then we will be able to say that.
[/quote]

We don’t need a project to bring back Bionicle. We need a love letter to LEGO showing we still do deeply care and are passionate about the theme, and somehow convince them it won’t bomb so hard like G2 did just because it wasn’t dad’s Bionicle.

But the community is still so divided that probably won’t happen for a while.

I think the official rules of Lego ideas prevent ideas based on current or previous themes.

1 Like

The question is, does LEGO even care about our deep love and passion? I don’t think they would listen to either of us’ letter, no matter how good it is. Faber is currently the only one who I think would be actually capable of doing so.[quote=“Kardax, post:22, topic:49772, full:true”]
I think the official rules of Lego ideas prevent ideas based on current or previous themes
[/quote]

Again, it doesn’t necessarily have to be Bionicle. It could be anything as long as It’s constraction.

The thing is though, it doesn’t have to be constraction, it can be any theme and then have constraction be worked into it.

1 Like

As long as It’s main purpose is to promote constraction, I am all for it.

Except he’s making a business deal, not a love letter. If he’s even interacting with them at all.

2 Likes

Yeah, but their interest is business, not love letters. So in that case, Faber has the highest change of succeeding.

I think you’re missing the point, any theme can have constraction, so what theme will bring it back?

A knights theme, a robots theme, a mech them, a monster theme? Any of these could have constraction but what’s the incentive to use it?

2 Likes

Of these, a mech theme has the best chance, but i doubt it. LEGO seems content to just make licensed themes instead of original story lines.

2 Likes

I mean, we still have ninjago, and that still seems to be pretty successful. Maybe they’ve just found that most original story-based IPs are overshadowed by ninjago.

Like remember how they were originally planning to have Chima replace Ninjago? :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

True, but Thats about it. I also never really got into Chima or Ninjago, so Ninjago still being around does little for me.

1 Like

Well, neither, but that doesn’t mean they’re not interested in making original story-based IPs, they just don’t seem to be doing well enough to stick around for long though seemingly well enough to last the expected three years, barring ninjago.

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: LEGO’s Advertising Strategy: Original v Licensed

You just said people who think this are overcrowding the boards

1 Like

Because a singular reply to a topic regarding the matter constitutes this.

2 Likes

Hey guys, we are getting off-topic here. I don’t want this topic to be closed, so please let’s return to the original discussion.

yeah, Sorry about that.

back on topic, I think its plausible, but it’s probably not going to happen.

1 Like

I agree, but as I said before, we haven’t really tried it to the scale where it’s actually likely to happen.
Thinking about this more, what if resubmitted a brickonkile set to LEGO Ideas? There have been plenty of good ones that might have a chance if they gain the needed support.

A post was merged into an existing topic: LEGO’s Advertising Strategy: Original v Licensed

Which would require creating a Bionicle theme again, which LEGO would better do entirely on their own, and LEGO Ideas wouldn’t spur that on at all.