Cringy Bionicle stuff

Behold, the most AMAZING thing ever made.

6 Likes

You know that this is a spoof of an actual song, right?

How dare you attempt to drag down this greatness!

(yes)

1 Like

2nd! How dare you!

Well, I guess there may be an argument for this…

Yeah, those really destroyed the game. I was fine with the Piraka Playground, but aside from some opening cutscenes of boss battles it just hurt to watch them - Avak’s opening cutscene was actually pretty ok.

In the intro to what the game wanted to sell us as “story” I was already like “What, those idiots are supposed to have conquered Voya Nui and enslaved the Matoran? Really? They can’t even get from A to B without doing some serious harm to themselves.”

And the best thing was - they had those incredibly stupid cutscenes made for 4 year olds, but the game itself was quite brutal in some parts: collecting the Piraka’s heads, shooting off body parts of enemies - and the most brutal one: Dealing the killing blow on Reidak. At this point you had shot off both of his arms and he was kneeling in the sand screaming. What are you supposed to do? Rocket to the face from Hewkii. Toa Codex for the win…

7 Likes

What’s that?

yea, looks like the Inika never heard of that.

2 Likes

the handheld games where actualy much better in tone than the console games:

although i personaly think the GBA version is the best one:

infact, both games introduced a sevent toa inika in a way. But the interesting thing is that in the DS version, they make it clear that the toa inika where captured, while in the GBA version… it looks like the Piraka killed them, leaving the transformed Matoran to save Voya Nui.

If Bionicle Heroes had actual dialog, i can imagine the player toa saying something like: “say hello to Vezok for me (shots head off)”

4 Likes

Yes, those two definitely are way better than the Pc intro in terms of making the Piraka actually look menacing. The official story however seems to be a thing the programmers of all the games have heard of at best. If you would replace the Inika in both of those intros with the Toa Nuva, though…

Man, Bionicle Heroes could have actually been a great game without stupid cutscenes, a non-Egoshooter gameplay and a story that worked with canon lore.
The only good things of the Pc game were the graphics and the music in my opinion.

4 Likes

Henrik, quick question…

why is Movie Jaller in silver during the DS opening?

1 Like

how should i know? ask the developers.

but its pritty weird that they did that, i mean he sticks out like a sore thumb in the cutscenes.

4 Likes

Found this when I randomly decided to Google search ‘Piraka’.

26 Likes

and some people say that 2006 was the darkest year of Bionicle.

12 Likes

More of a cringy moment for me but I used to think their limbs were wrenches.

1 Like

I’m soo saving that image xD

4 Likes

When is the flower love chocolate date Deadpool day again?

2 Likes

Same here.
XP

I don’t know if it can be qualified as “cringy”, but Pohatu Jackson (0:36 - 0:42) is pretty hilarious.

5 Likes

in honour of mangle nuva i made this

i bet the guy who made manglenuva’s reaction was

also after reading the description of manglenuva he said this

“Also make sure Manglenuva’s prior form, Mangle gets a Bionicle Generation 1 Titan set and give him 4 movies, a novel series and a video game and make sure the video game is canon to Bionicle generation 1’s story.”

please greg we need manglenuva

14 Likes

Why make Mangle a Toa
None of the animatronics have any character to them at all

3 Likes

If it hasn’t been mentioned yet, Hahli X Jaller shippers.

Also, solek.

2 Likes