Cryoshell

I honestly really liked it. My favorites were probably crashed and closer to the truth. I remember when these songs were used on Bionicle commercials and stuff, then BioTubers would use the same songs, plus other types of alternative rock type songs. Now whenever I think of alternative rock, I kind of have to associate it with Bionicle.

2 Likes

I really liked the FB reference because it was kinda subtle. Not toooo subtle, but if someone who didn’t know the Bionicle connection saw it, they probably wouldn’t get that part.

1 Like

Was by Chris Daughtry, not Cryoshell

2 Likes

Yeah that’s true, I was thinking in my head of Bionicle songs in general, not specifically ones by cyroshell. If that’s the case then Bye Bye Babylon would take its place.

2 Likes

So, we gonna ignore that new teaser?

2 Likes

Very much yes

5 Likes

Another update on Cryoshell from Christian Faber’s blog!

Classic Cryoshell Like Never Before!

I also have come to understand there will be a vinyl album from them. I’m hoping to get one, if I can. It would be my first vinyl!

3 Likes

I’m just going to leave this here…

2 Likes

You’d think that an industrial/emo fusion cover of a haunting jazz classic wouldn’t work, but here we are, I suppose.

2 Likes

I wish we had the regular version of Gravity Hurts on Spotify. Don’t get me wrong, the orchestral cover of it is great, I just want to have the ability to listen to the original version as well

2 Likes

My favorites are Face Me, Breakout, Falling, and Gravity Hurts. GH gives me a sense of euphoria and nostalgia of watching it when I was first getting into bionicle, around 2012.

2 Likes

In the same vein I wish we had Face Me.

3 Likes

EDGE.

But seriously, I do like the music that was used for Bionicle. I occasionally go back and listen to Creeping in My soul. That one is an all-time favorite for me.

1 Like

I quite like a good amount of Cryoshell songs, especially the ones that aren’t really associated with Bionicle such as Murky. also, imma just…

6 Likes

Any news on when Next To Machines is set to release? Last I heard was early spring of 2018, but that obviously hasn’t happened, so…

2 Likes

I have no clue, I seriously hope this doesn’t go the way of so many things I’ve seen stay in production heck for years on end,

2 Likes

Cryoshell has never said anything not TTV appropriate right?

1 Like

The closest thing to profanity I’ve found in their music is “Or you can wish me hell” in Bye Bye Babylon. One could argue whether or not that is profanity; they did censor that for the version included in LEGO commercials.

2 Likes

'Sup nerds, been a while since I’ve been here.

Just dropping by to share Cryoshell’s new single from Next to Machines, Slipping:

It came out about a week or so ago and seeing as I hadn’t seen it on here I thought I’d share it with y’all.

6 Likes

It’s a super great song. I love it!