Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“Yeah, that was pretty impressive. Good job. I’d sure hope she’s making progress on it.”

“Thanks.” Ryko replied. He glanced at his wounds, which had stopped bleeding for the time being.
@Wolf_Pack

“It’s around noon, so we should be able to make it to Darsa by sunset,” said Asher. “There’s nothing but plains and forests in our path, so the journey will be easy.”

“If the Nikidians don’t come back.” Ryko added. He spurred his horse, making it rear up.
“Let’s go fast, then.”
He began to gallop.

Asher sped up to follow Ryko. “So, uh, how did you end up fighting the Nikidians?” he asked.

“They invaded a town.” Ryko said.
“I don’t have much of a liking for military in general… plus the Nikidians are particularly stuck-up.”
@Wolf_Pack
@Runa

“I’ve lived here as long as I remember. I used to live in Frewt but when the war in Ardonia started, we moved away. I was just defending my home. And protecting my parents.”

“I’ll leave if I need more control, my life is a drifter’s. I don’t have a single place I own, but that means I don’t need to worry about that place.”

“All I hear is ya don’t have a home. Ta me, it means ya don’t have anything ya live for. Sounds like a sad an’ borin’ life ta me.” She says. “Guess I’ll leave ya 'lone then. If you ever feel ya need a cause, find me. ‘M makin’ a rebellion 'gainst those stuck up solders. Could never find too much help.” She turns away, going to places she’d think herself better off to find sympathizers.

Commander Jacques kept on a trip through the city, making sure his presence was known.

1 Like

Ryko nodded.
He downed another small vial. “That oughta fix me up.”

1 Like

Moenir chuckles, whispering to himself,
Count me in.
He glances back at the rebel and leaves the corner of the building, going the other direction.

1 Like

Sarah goes around the city, recruiting rebels in secrecy, keeping away from prying eyes.

1 Like

Moenir walks near the port, watching the boats at the docks. The sea air must have gotten to him, or it was the locals. Whatever it was he needed to do something about it…but what to do. He could join that resistance, which he believed to be somewhat self-righteous and overly worried of the situation, or he could leave, somehow. Moenir grabbed his hair and wanted to pull it out. He let go slowly, maybe what he needed to do, is do what he does best. Gather information and find a job.
“Wars never end…do they?”
He whispers to himself before setting off into the inner city, to see if he could find what he needed, and what he needed was to get on the Nikidians good side. That way any “mistakes” might be forgiven in the future, and there might be the chance he would be able to relay information to the rebels. Of course his plan could go horribly wrong, so why was he putting himself in harms way, despite the fact that this wasn’t his home, in fact he had no home.

Ryko continued riding.
“Wait. Where again are we going?”
@Wolf_Pack

“We’re going to Darsa. My uncle and aunt live there, and they’d be happy to let us stay with them for a while.” Asher replied.

“Right.” Ryko nodded. He glanced behind him, to see a squad of soldiers following them.
“Speed up the pace, we’ve got company.” He told Asher.

Asher glanced behind him. “Hm. I don’t think they’re following us. Hopefully not. We’ve got a couple more hours of riding ahead; if we speed up we may make it before sundown.”

“Alright. Lets go!”
Ryko spurred his horse and sped up.

Asher sped up and followed.

In response, the riders behind them sped up as well. Ryko glanced behind him again.
“Yeah, they’re after us.”