Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“We need to lose them. Maybe we can split up?”

“Yeah, sure.” Ryko nodded. He veered off in a different direction.

“Just keep heading South. Darsa is in the woods,” he said while turning away.

Ryko nodded, and followed Asher’s directions.
The soldiers split up, two for each.
@Wolf_Pack

1 Like

He might see Jacques walking around, semi-regally.

1 Like

After riding for a while, Asher could start to see the woods surrounding Darsa in the distance. Asher looked back at the soldiers trailing him. He had to lose these guys.

Ryko headed south. Glancing behind him, he sped up and turned a corner sharply, before hiding behind a nearby boulder. The soldiers went right past.

Moenir walks up,
'How’s the weather?"

Asher stopped by a small village just outside the woods. When he rode into the city, soldiers about 40 feet behind, he stopped at an inn, left his horses there, then ducked in behind a nearby house. He waited for a few minutes, then went back, got his horses back, and raced back out of the village heading south. He seemed to have lost his tail.
Good, he thought.

Jacques looked him over. “It has been well. How about ze weather in Gathens?” He asks, surmising Moenir’s country of origin from his garb.

Sarah had by now gone to many peoples’ houses searching for recruits, and had amassed a small group that would meet her on the beach north of the dock after sundown. She took a short break from her search to think of who to ask next.

“Tropical, warm, and most likely sunny. So, I have a question, when is the soonest these harbors will reopen. I’d think you would close them, so you could get comfortable here.”

“Whenever we gain enough ground into Marsada to where a naval attack iz not likely.” He says. “And whenever we get enough troops here to effectively search ships for contraband.” He shrugs. “However, zat was not my call. Personally, I’d kill for a Gathenian cigar.” He says. “But zat is all the information you will be getting out of me on that matter.”

OOC: I assume Gathens would be a good climate for tobacco growing, at least.

1 Like

Moenir nods,
“That gives me a good estimate”
He walks closer, talking quieter,
“Lately, I’ve heard rumors in passing. Not the kind that would do well to be spoken openly. Would you like to know?”

OOC: Yeah, I’d think so.

Jacques rises an eyebrow. “Go on…”

“There are rumors of an insurrection rising. Though this is less rumor and more fact. One of these rebels tried to recruit me earlier. Considering that I’m not a citizen of this city it makes curious why they would do this. I think they want to get as much aid as possible. I believe being much stricter at what goes in or out, would help, but I’m no military tactician, I just want to go home.”
Moenir says nearly laughing about the recruitment.

Jacques nodded. He was surprised, not at the fact that one would arise, that has happened before in this city, but at the speed at which one was being started. Usually it took at least a few days for them to gain the courage to do something like that. However, he had learned how to hide his surprise well. “Zank you for ze information. What does zis recruiter look like, do you recall?”

“I believe she was a soldier that was fighting, before the city fell. She had red hair.”
Moenir said calmly.

He nods. “Zank you. She will be taken care of.” He says, walking off.

Moenir walks to him,
“Wait…I have a plan. If we only take one of them, that won’t end the resistance, we need to destroy them all at once. She came to me to recruit me. So, let me be recruited so I can relay their base of facilities, then they can be taken in one strike.”

“I zink a display of what happens to traitors will be enough to quell zem until we get more troops.” He said. “Besides, it’s not like zey’ll have a large force. If we catch zem, we can kill zem all easily.” He keeps walking.