Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“I’ve never lived far from it…I guess in a sense I’ve always had a home in the ocean.”

Sarah nods. “This’s the closest I’ve ever been.” She said. “Been here ever since I was young. ‘Fore that I lived on top o’ a mountain in the middle of a desert.” She chuckles. “Bit o’a different view.” She looked out to the water. “Always thought this’n was better.”

1 Like

Moenir laughs,
“I’d give anything to be on the water again. What about you? To me being able to sail where I please is my freedom.”

“Freedom…” She ponders. “Dunno, really. The ability to take my life inta my own hands. Ta have a say in my own life an’ future.” She sighs. “Somethin’ I can’t really do when we have either Nikidia…or even Marsada… retake the city. Neither o’em give’s a say in what happens, 'nly the name o’who tells us what to do changes. With Marsada it’s “her Majesty the King.”” She says, the last part in the most mockingly pompous tone she could muster. “An’ with Nikidia it’s their “Grand Commander.”” She mocks again, this time in a really bad fake Nikidian accent. “Honestly I don’ even remember their names.” She goes silent for a bit. “But, Marsadan control’s always turned out better than Nikidian, and it’s about three quarters o’my heritage, so it’s better’n tha alternative.” She looks back at the group she had gathered, numbers growing at least past twenty. “So I guess that’s what we’re fightin’ for. Lesser o’ two evils.”

2 Likes

After talking with his uncle and aunt for a while, Asher went to another room and went to sleep, having dreams of being chased by Nikidians.

1 Like

Moenir says, rather bluntly,
“Do you even need the city…in order to be free. I mean truly free, because if we are going to fight for the lesser of two evils, then we are not fighting for freedom. To be completely honest, it doesn’t really matter for me who wins, because I can still attain my freedom no matter what outcome. I implore you to think on what your freedom is and what that means for this city, because you can always take your life in your own hands.”
Moenir sighs,
“Though that be dependent on what take your life actually means. I shall fight for you, but know that I will be anything to attain my freedom.”

Ryko continued working, until he finished his experiment and bottled up his final liquid. He examined the vial of black mist, smiling.
“Can’t wait to let you into the world…” he said. “You’ll change everything.” He tucked the vial into his bandolier carefully, before putting everything away. He sat crosslegged on the floor and slept lightly, as per his routine.

“'N I understand this.” She tells him. “But know we won’t trust ya completely with that bein’ the case. No’n likes a rat.” She sighs and looks back at the city, the glow of many candles in the windows of buildings illuminating it in a dull warmth. “But…the city. It means more ta me than I think I can really put ta words. Besides. My freedom isn’t the only one I’m worried 'bout.” She gestures to the group that had amassed, topping out at about 40. “It’s theirs.” She then gestures to the city. “It’s theirs. I’m not the best with words, but maybe I misspoke there. Lesser or two evils now, but it’s th’first step on a long journey to whatever freedom I can get’em.” She gets up. “I’d better address’em 'fore they get bored n’leave.” She says, a sly smile crossing her face as she walks over to them.

1 Like

@Wolf_Pack
Two soldiers walked up to Asher’s uncle’s dorr and knocked on it loudly.
“Excusez-moi!” One of them says. “Anybody home?”

Ooc: hope I got that bit of French right. Apologies if I didnt.

Moenir smirks, saying to himself,
“I pray you do better than what this bstard did. After all that’s what I am and will be. I will always be the bstard son who ran from his home, chasing his demonic father, who doesn’t even know his own…son.”

Sean, always a light sleeper, was awoken by this, paired with a scary gut feeling. He looked out the window of his tower. “No…” He muttered. He’d figured they’d head west, towards Llepspell, not here. Though, upon second thought, it made sense that they wouldn’t leave a decent sized urban setting behind them if it wasn’t under their control. Thankfully, his old eyes only spotted a few. Likely scouts. He grabbed his stuff and rushed down the stairs, running down to meet the soldiers.

Sarah looked at them all. “Good. This should at least be 'nough to start some noise 'round here.” She said cheerfully. “But we’re gonna have to get a few baselines set up first.”

The two turned to him. “…yes?” The taller one asked. “May we help you?”
The other one began fitting a bayonet onto a musket.
Ryko awoke to the pounding. He leapt through the window and slipped around to the front of the house, watching Sean behind a bush.

“I just wanted to know why you might be making so much noise at this hour?” He asked the two in a voice typical of an older man, with a hint of a strange, coarse accent to it.
His hands were behind his back in a pose showing respectfulness, hidden by his fur cloak.

“We had reports of two rebels hiding in this town. Some locals reported two strangers entering this house, and a squad of riders spotted the rebels headed towards this town.” The soldier explained.
“Do you have a problem with that?”
Ryko silently cursed.

He shakes his head. “No sir, but I think you may be searching the wrong area.” He responded. “I saw them heading southwards just a bit ago, towards Tornalay, taking stuff they stole from this house. I tried to pen a letter to send to the army, but…well, let’s just say that when you get older, you need more sleep than you’d like to admit.” He chuckles.

Moenir watches from a slight distance, close enough to still hear Sarah and still be counted as part of the group, but far enough, where he looked like an onlooker.

A dark oak ship hovers in the horizon. It was the Moonlit Knife, the vessel of Bloodmoon Devils. Its jolly roger was taken down and was replaced with a Gathenian flag.

This of course was a planned distraction. Make the soldiers think of the riches of shore, while on of the pirates snuck in. Blud Beard chose to go, as he had enough of the six seas. He took a rowboat far down shore and hid it under some brush. Afterwards he took a stroll towards the city Kenasa. His only goal was to learn why the ports were closed and what he could do about it.

“First off, we’re not here fer anarchy. We’re here to take the city from those stuck up soldiers, a’right?” She looked around, and got no response, which she took to be a good thing. “Second, operation. We have no single base, we communicate through notes’n a code. We’ll figure out a code later, but fer now, just know each other, and stay’n touch, to inform 'bout plans. Any plan’s appreciated if brought ta me or my friends first, whenever they return.” She took a deep breath. “'N third 'n finally, we don’t give up on each other. Got it?” They all start talking among themselves, and eventually they all agree. “Good.” Sarah says as she walks off. “Go get some rest. We’ll start somethin’ within the comin’ days. I’ll keep ya posted.”

Two guards block his entry to the city using their muskets, bayonets fixed. “Halt. State your intentions.” One says.

Moenir smiles and heads for an inn.

Blud looks at the two guards,
“I’m an invited of a rather lavish party, that happens to be in the bar of this fine city. My friends put me on a carriage, while I was drunk, and I had to walk back, I believe that was three days ago?”
Blud says acting like a complete drunk.

The guards eye him warily. They look at each other, and one enters the city himself. “Go ahead in.” The other says. “Just don’t cause any trouble, and you will be fine.”

Blud nods drunkenly. He wanders through town, stumbling as he went. Blud looks for the town bar.