Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“All the same, we’ll still search the house.” The soldier replied.
Ryko growled and stood out from behind the bush.
“I’m afraid I can’t let ya.” He snarled.

He’d see it somewhere on the bottom layer. No one dared build one any higher.

Sean took a step back. “Oh my!” He said. “Trickster!”
While the guards were distracted by Ryko, Sean slowly drew his pistol out from behind his back, where he’d been holding it.

1 Like

One soldier aimed his rifle at Ryko, and the other at Sean.
“Okay, you two. We’re taking you under custody, for rebelling against the Nikidians.”
Ryko shook his head. “Uh, no.”

1 Like

Asher was peacefully sleeping through this whole ordeal.

1 Like

Sean holstered his pistol on his back and put his hands up.

A figure in the shadows snuck through the streets towards them from behind.

Ryko pulled out his pistols and fired quickly, killing one soldier.
The other turned and clubbed Ryko over the head, knocking him out.
Hw turned to Sean. “Pick him up, and come with me.”

Blud enters the bar, acting in his normal walk. He wasn’t drunk-like but acted modest.

“Um…” Sean started, as a sharp blade might enter into the guard’s back, another wrapping around from behind at his throat, however it seemed more like the arm holding it was just wrapping around to hold him in place.

One or two patrons looked at Blud, but most payed him no mind.

Blud goes to find a stool near the bartender. He glances at the patrons that glanced at him, wondering what they were looking at.

Moenir walks down some of the streets, looking for a cheap place to stay.

The patron looked over at him, obviously highly inebriated. “What?” He asked drunkenly.

Moenir might find an inn nearby.

Ryko smiled.
“That’s it.” He said. He loaded his pistols and put them back in their holsters, before extending his hand to Sean.
“Name’s Ryko. Sorry 'bout that, we’ve been having trouble with them lately.”

Blud smiles,
“You’re drunk my friend. You should take a nap…help clear the alcohol from your body.”

Moenir does and heads inside.

He shakes it. “Sean. Are you two coming from Kenasa?” He asks.

Hans dislodges his blade from the back of the soldier, shaking the blood off. “Hans.” He tells them both.

“Mind your own business.” The man says, returning to his drink.

Two guards walk into the bar, and each order a drink.

The inkeep looks at Moenir. “Spending the night?” She asks tiredly.

Sarah sneaks her way to her house, seeing how she is still a prison escapee, and walks in, collapsing on her bed.

“Yeah, ran into some trouble with the dang Nikidians. Thanks for the help.” He told Hans.

By this time, Asher had been woken up by all the noise outside and opened the door sleepily. He was surprised two see Ryko and two unfamiliar people standing over two dead bodies. “What’s going on here?” he asked.

1 Like

“No problem.” Hans told him.

“Any news about what’s going on there?” Sean asked excitedly.

1 Like

“Yeah, the Nikidian idiots hace taken over. I’ve got a friend there tryin’ to start a revolution.”

His eyes lit up. “A revolution?” He asked. He the shook it off, not getting his hopes up. Yet. “What does this leader look like? Maybe a name?” He asks.

“Well that seems like a strange thing to ask about a rebellion.” Hans muttered quietly.

“Um… her name’s Sarah.” Ryko replied, taken aback.
“Look, lemme get Asher out here.”
He walked up to Asher’s window and thumped on it.
@Wolf_Pack

He thought for a second. “There’s a chance…” He muttered. He then spoke up. “I’m coming with you back to Kenasa.” He told them.

Hans stayed back for a second. He wanted to go with them, but his duties here would…complicate that. If he was ever caught by his teacher, he’d be sent back to Imilli. He shook the thought out of his head. That won’t happen. I won’t let it. He thought.