Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Blud greeted him with his own cutlass, taking advantage of it’s broad blade, to strike at musket itself.

Jacques stepped back, but was caught in the stomach with the slash, if only barely, and dodged the stab, but it ran across the stomach instead of stabbing into it. Jacques stepped back in pain and went on the defensive.

The cutlass would glance off of the musket, deflecting both. The soldier re-adjusted his position quickly to go for another stab from a closer position.

1 Like

Asher heard the gunshots. “Think we should check on Ryko?” he asked.

Sarah thinks. “He can hold his own.” She told him. “We need t’figure out how we’re actually gonna do this.”

Blud would do the same, before pulling out another flintlock, it was a different once from the first two, the wood was stained green and had a wealthy appearance. Instead of firing the gun, he threw it as he took it out of his jacket, with his right hand. His left and held the cutlass which was still in was in mid-swing to strike at the soldier.

Ryko grinned and grabbed a vial of orange-yellow liquid.
Carefully uncapping it, he attempted to spill the contents onto Jacques and his sword.

The soldier would stumble, then the blade would come down on his wrist, taking off his hand, He screamed in pain as he fell backwards down the stairs.

Jacques watched him and pulled back further, backing towards the door. “Nice try.” He said.

Blud looks down at the soldier,
“Trust me lad, I don’t like to kill and I only do it with stubborn enough opponents. This will be quick.”
He goes to plunge his sword into the soldier’s chest.

The soldier would not respond, as he was knocked out by the fall off the stairs.

“Thanks.” Ryko grinned.
He pulled out his pistol and nonchalantly reloaded it.

Blud considers his chances and sees none the better, instead to open these ports and let’s be honest get back at these Nikidians. It was time to overthrow a city government.

Jacques goes out the door and shuts it, then runs down the street. He knew he had no chance of winning a two on one, especially in his current condition. He headed towards the medic ward.

1 Like

Ryko sheathed his sword, scoffing.
“Coward.”
He turned to Blud and extended his hand. “Well fought. Might I interest you in a revolution against the Nikidians? We could use a fighter like you.”

1 Like

Blud looks at Ryko,
“Sure, want to overthrow the government tonight? If we can get a strong surprise attack, with their leader beaten like a sore dog, left to lick his wounds, we have a fair chance together. If you cut the head the body can’t stand. If we could destroy the important officials of the Nikidian government, it would then become like hunting sheep.”
He grins.

He glances at his leg, seeing it was bleeding,
"Might want to stop this."
He rips a bit of his inner jacket and ties it around the wound,
"Good that will service for today."
1 Like

Ryko nodded.
“That seems to be what we’re planning. Come on.”

1 Like

Blud nods, after loading all six of his pistols,
“I’m coming.”
He follows Ryko.

OOC: forgot to say he grabbed the pistol he threw, but he did grab it. He didn’t forget it.

1 Like

Ryko leads him to Sarah’s house. He opened the door and walked in.
“Hello.”
@Runa
@Wolf_Pack

“He isn’t the leader.” The innkeeper informs, peeking up from behind the counter. “He’s just a commander, not even the general. If he’s defeated, one of the generals might show up.”

Jacques gets his wounds treated. “I will start walking around with a permanent guard.” He informs the medic. "Multiple threats on my life within a day are never a good sign.

Hans nods. “So, what do we have for a plan so far?” He asks.

“We get support from Gathens through Moenir, we send you and some others to Imilli to see if we can get their navy for help, and we try to find some help from Dezima.” Sarah responds.

“Imilli wouldn’t be a good idea.” Sean replies. “They have a powerful navy, yes, but it’s on the other side of the continent. They’d take way too long to get here.”

Sarah sighs. “Then they’re off the table, so it’s back to just Gathens and maybe Dezima.” She says. “Any other ideas?” She looks over at Ryko. “Hey, you’re back.” She says. “And you brought another helper?”

2 Likes

Ryko nodded.
“Yeah. He’s a fighter.”

Blud gives a thumbs up to the innkeeper as he left, motioning he’d bring that point up.

Blud walks in,
"You now have the support of I, Blud Beard, Captain of Bloodmoon Devils."

Moenir looks at Blud Beard. The color on his face changing a little, before calming back down,
"Good we'll need all the help we can get."

Blud looks at Moenir,
"A Gathenian? Wanting to re-open the port as well?"

Moenir nods "yes".
1 Like