Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“I can. Boatswain onwards to Gathen!”

Jenkins nods and yells at the rest of the sailors to get moving.

She nods and walks towards Blud. “So, any idea how long 'til we get there?” She asks.

“Knowing my vessel and the shorter distance a day at most.”
Blud smiles walking into his captain’s quarters.

Moenir leans on the railing,
“This is much better!”

Sarah smiles. “Good.” She says as she walks around, looking around and maybe for a place to sit.

Blud sat in his chair in the captain’s quarters looking over a map.

OOC: quick question, I think Blud was hurt before, do you remember?

OOC: I think he got a few scratches in the barfight.

IC: Sarah found a spot to sit, and did so. Bored, she pulled out a pair of spoons.

2 Likes

OOC: Alright, wanted to make sure.

IC: Blud remembers he was injured and removes the old cloth that was covering the wound. He replaces it with a clean cloth, after washing the wound with cleaner water.

Moenir looks at Sarah,
“First time on the seas?”

“In a while.” She said, fixing the spoons between her knuckles and starting to play a tune on them. “I went on boats when I was younger, but we always kept the shore’n sight.”

OOC: She’s playing this, but…y’know, with spoons. And no singing.

2 Likes

OOC: I practically have that song committed to heart, this is perfect.

IC: “Then this is certainly to be a treat for you. If Blud’s claim of its speed it correct, the by nightfall we’ll see no shore.”

1 Like

OOC: Nice, a fellow lover of Celtic music.

IC: “Then I can’t wait fer the view, if it’s all ye say’t is.” She responds, still playing.

1 Like

“Tis is a sight to enjoy, the stars shine like countless gems and the waters reflect it in soft stillness.”

She stops playing for a second. “Sounds like a sight.” She says, before starting back up.

Ryko turns to face Sarah and Moenir.
“Gotta love the sea, yeah?”
Lillan pulled his boat up next to the larger one and matched its pace. He relaxed.
“I don’t entirely trust these people… but I have to learn more to bring back to the island.”

The ship would continue onwards to Gathens.

OOC: what time would you say it is?
@Runa

OOC:Nearing sunrise, but not there yet, though with nothing else going on, we could just skip to Gathens if you’d like.

Sarah nods, wishing she would have gotten some sleep before they’d left.

Moenir peers at the sea, watching the sky,
“Sunrise was always beautiful around this time.”
He was looking east, towards the continent as the sun peered over the hills, spilling beautiful crimson and golden shades across the deep blue sky.

The sight awakened Sarah. “…wow…” Was all she could muster for words. “I…just…wow.”

Moenir chuckles,
“This is what I’m living for. The freedom of the sea has its own beauty, unlike any part of nature. I doubt this is a common sight for you. The night is like a thousand dazzling gems in the sky, truly a sight to see. You’ll see it well enough from Gathens, not much land there.”

She nods, then she squints. “What’s that?” She asks, pointing to a shape on the water.

Moenir calls out,
“Boatswain, I believe there to be a vessel on the waters.”

Boatswain roars at the other sailors,
“ALL HANDS PREPARE FOR CONTACT, I WANT THIS DRAFT OF A SHIP TO ACTUALLY FUNCTION LIKE ONE! MOVE IT MOVE IT!”

Blud comes out,
“What do we see?”