Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“I want to be free of these tyrannies.” He corrects. “And you’ll be hunted no matter which side of the border you choose to flee to. Why not at least fight for a cause?” He pauses for a second. "For the idea of a country you’d be safe in, and that would keep you from the monsters on either side.

Kasie shifts and pulls out her quiver of arrows, fingering through them. She silently counts them, then puts the quiver back. She walks across the deck, her footsteps silent as she descends into the hold.

OOC: is there any place I can organically slot myself in? Like is anyone on a boat?

OOC: I think most of the cast is on a boat right now; lucky you.

IC: Her smile quickly turns into a grimace. “Zo that’s what you think? You are fighting monsters?”

A sharp crack was heard as something was driven into the side of the ship, followed by another and another as if something was climbing up the side of the ship

Sarah follows her with her eyes. “Any’n know where she came from?” She asks. She jumps up at the sound. “That can’t be good.” She says as she draws her daggers.

“Not the soldiers on each side.” He explains. “The heads of state who command them. Her Majesty the King, and your Grand Commander.”

The cracking continued as a huge figure hauled themselves onto the deck

“Who, the girl? She’s a stowaway. Probably.” Ryko answered

The massive brutish form of Valentine raised themselves as they surveyed the deck

“O’s in charge ere’?” came his slightly muffled voice

Sarah stood her ground. “An’ you’re?” She asks.

“Not your concern lady.” Valentine barks

“When ya jump onta th’boat I’m on, o’ course it’s my concern!” She snaps back.

“Oi’m jus’ lookin’ fer the captain of this here vessel.”

She hesitates, then points at Blud. “Him. “

Valentine turns to Blud.
“I’m gonna rip you in half now”

Blud, who at the moment was mainly minding his own business, steering the darn ship, kindly looked at the armored person and Sarah and immediately turned his head,
“Sir, I have to tell you that the person who told you that lied.”

Moenir sits in the crow nest, looking down at them.

Jen walks up to the top deck,
“Ay, captain.”

“Wot?” blankly says Valentine, showing his poor education

Blud explains,
“To further explain, I am tasked to take my patron, the girl and her friends here, to Gathens, the island market country. The battle earlier was from the Nikidians, who don’t really like her. I hope you understand, but why did you want to tear me in half?”

“I-I…you’z a pirate ain’t ya?” Valentine’s voice heightens his growing embarrassment

Blud chuckles,
“Uh…no I’m a Marsadian…I just do my jobs, even if it requires a tiny bit of smuggling…”