Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Haful waited for them to finish.

Blud nods and sits down grabbing a drink. He looks at Sarah and asks,
“So what is you plan for after the revolution? Surely there’s more to your life than just this?”

Moenir finishes his soup and glances at Lillan, (@meepinater)
“you can use my bed, the others already have temporary beds set up, I’ll sleep elsewhere.”
He leaves the house and could be seen climbing a tree outside, through an open window.

1 Like

They all finished, then looked at each other, wordlessly. The one looked at Haful. “We will reach out to you soon.” He said. “For now, zat is all.”

Sarah considers. “Dunno, honestly.” She responds. “Prolly just keep goin’ on with life. Lead if I need ta, but they’ll hopefully choose someone better to lead th’country.”

“Thank you sirs.” he says, then bows, and leaves the guard house.

He then heads back to his room, where he dumped everything but his staff on the floor. He then leaves the room, and heads for the safe house.

Blud nods,
“So, you’re willing to lead a county, eh? That’s a lot of work, it’s not just all talk as some leaders make it out to be.”
He sighs,
“Any leader needs some good practice… maybe…”
He pauses and looks at Aina,
“Seeing that at this point the Bloodmoon Devils are part of your revolution and you are willing to lead…”
He turns back to Sarah,
“Maybe I can convince my men to let you lead them on the way back. I know a ship ain’t a country but it’s a start.”

She thinks. “If I have to. Otherwise, let who they choose lead. That’s what I want.” She said. “And I might just take ye up on that offer. We’ll just have ta see.”

Lillan quietly finished his soup, pushing his bowl to the side.
He listened eagerly to the conversation(s).

Blud nods,
“I’m sure they might approve of seeing a new leader. They’re probably tired of my stern face.”

Aina finishes her own soup and grabs the empty dishes,
“With all that being said I feel it might be best for us to get our sleep.”

Blud nods.
“That being said you should sleep on my question of what you are fighting for… I know you’re fighting for freedom, well at least the prospect of it… but…”
He pauses,
“Having a broad goal like that can be very dangerous, so after this freedom what are you freedom? What will gaining this freedom do for you? What will it enable you to do? You aren’t wrong to want freedom, but why are you fighting for freedom? Is it because of your personal goals? From our conversation it honestly seems like you are fighting for freedom, in order to fight for freedom. You’re words make me wonder if you actually have any goals for your life. You should.”
He stops again,
“If you are not pushing yourself further towards a goal beyond freedom then I feel like you will not find that freedom.”
He takes off his pirate hat and hangs it on the wall,
“I found my own freedom in the seas far and blue, where the dancing lights caress the waves in the moonless nights. I found my freedom in my pirating. I was free to do as I pleased, but I only thought in the moment I forgot my future… no one fears an old pirate. Old pirate legends are almost always replaced by their younger generations and I’m starting to become old for a pirate, but my pirate’s life cost me something. It cost me my freedom to be a normal man.”
He hangs up his jacket,
“I sought freedom in the seas but I lost my freedom on the lands. I am very lucky that Gathens is what it is, that it is so corrupt. This is a country where money is more important than human life. I am happy to say that Dulhen is the least corrupt of the three cities, but nothing in the present will stay the same, only the past will stay its course. So I encourage you to keep to what matters most to you, because that is what I can only seek to do. I nearly lost my boy and quite honestly I could have lost the love of my life and it is likely that I will lose my life in this war, but my boy is fighting in it and I can only protect him if I’m around…”
He sighs and hangs his powder horn and a small rough sack,
“So I’m fighting for your country’s freedom, but most importantly I’m fighting to protect my reckless child.”

Aina begins cleaning the dirty dishes and Blud rolls his sleeves and goes over to help her.

Moenir gets comfortable, lying on a branch. He searched the night sky aimlessly, peering at the wandering stars. He was able to hear his father’s speech and he was still thinking about what his father told him at the bridge. His words made him think wondering which side he was fighting for. Was he going to fight for Sarah’s side and the rest of those in Kenasa? It was certainly the least profitable option… unless there was a variable unseen… Moenir releases a sigh from his chest, a lot happened today and tomorrow perhaps even more would happen.

Aina comments,
“Dear… I think you love your speeches too much, but overall I do agree with what was said.”

Blud scratches the back of his neck a tiny bit embarrassed,
“Well I do try to make them shorter than usual.”

Haful reaches the safe house, where he knocks on the door quietly.

Kasie yawned and nodded.
“Thank you for the dinner!” She said gratefully.
Ryko nodded. “It was fantastic, ma’am.” He agreed in his scratchy voice.
Lillan said nothing, merely nodding in agreement.

Sarah stares Blud down. “I’m fightin’ to end our maltreatment.” She says. “T’stop the two big nations to either side from treatin’ us like a battlefield. To make sure we are no longer treated like subhuman. For the future o’ my people, and our children’s children’s children. I’m done bein’ a doormat in a city that changes tyrants every few years. My people deserve better than that.” She looks at Aina. “Thank ye, for th’food n’ beds. Means a lot.” She says sincerely.

Sean opens the door. “How’d it go?”

Blud meets Sarah’s gaze,
“But what good will it do your country, if you think of yourself as a soldier? Everything you’ve said leads me to believe that you are fighting to stop oppression to stop oppression. Oppression is quite literally everywhere in this world. Do you really think your country is all that special? If I took you to the other side of this coast what you would see would quite literally disgust you. Hurian is the opposite of what Dulhen has built itself to be. Some people there aren’t even seen as humans let alone sub-human. Personally be considered sub-human is probably better than nothing in Hurian.”
He sighs,
“My point was or rather is, that you are infatuated with this rebellion, infatuated with the group that you relate to… that I have to question if you are even worried for your own sake. A soldier that is willing to die is quite honestly cannon fodder on the field, they will die. I guess what I’ve been trying to say is that you should value your life as much as you value your goal.”
Blud heads off into a side room,
“If you value your goal more than your life then you will die fighting for that goal. Ultimately, as long as you live your goal lives, so don’t die a willing soldier. Die a fighting rebel.”
He plops down on a bed, the creaking of the wood audible,
“I understand your sentiments, but don’t let them overwhelm you, control your desire, don’t let your desire control you.”
Blud closes his eyes and starts to snore.

Aina finishes putting things away,
“He does mean well, even if he can’t reason well.”
She heads into the side room for the night.

Moenir lets out an exasperated sigh. He spoke to himself, though audible for those in the kitchen, despite it mainly be directed towards himself.
“My parents are a bit too comfortable with talking about personal things to strangers. Sometimes I think that they don’t know when to stop. Then again they speak from the heart, I can’t really tell if that’s a bad thing… A pirate and a basket weaver, with their rebellious son… perhaps it was all too fitting that I ran away and joined some rebellion…”

“Hopefully well. I’ll hear from them soon enough. May I come in?”

Sarah shoots Blud a nasty look, prepared to say something, but decides to leave it. He would listen. She gets up from the table and goes to her bed.

Sean opens the door more for Haful to enter.

“Thank you, Hijlab” He says as he enters.

Moenir glances at the house and sighs he gets off his trees and heads inside for a moment and closes any window he sees open. After he does that he heads back outside and closes the door behind him.

Moenir heads off making his way to the docks.

“Not a problem.” Sean answers.

Sarah wakes up as she realizes morning is here. She gets out of bed and looks to see who else is up.

Haful enters the room and sits down in a chair.

Ryko was sitting at the table, poring over some notes.

Lillan was sitting outside, mixing a strongly smelling… something.

Kasie had fallen asleep outside Sarah’s door, and she was still snoozing peacefully. Her face was relaxed, and it was a much different look than the usual hardened visage she put on when she was awake.

Earlier that night…

Moenir walks around the docks looking for a specific ship. He figured he might find it docked around here. His goal was simple he was going to contact the Nikidians.

Aina was up and preparing some sweet smelling food. Blud was nowhere to be seen…