Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

Haful leaves the safe house and travels towards the inn.

OOC: how do your NPC’s work? Such as the Inn keeper?

Sarah nods. “I can assure y’o’that.” She smiles.

A sailor sees him approaching. “Δηλώστε τις προθέσεις σας!” He calls in broken Gathenian.

The inn-keeper looks at Haful. “Back already?” She asks.

OOC: I usually control NPCs, unless they have a preexisting connection to your character or a nation you have a close connection to, such as how Jcton controls Aina(who may or may not be NPCs) or the Big Names in Gathens(Which I personally count as high-profile NPCs)

“Yes M-mi” he said as he struggles to find the right word.

“Φίλος! Είμαι ο εσωτερικός σου άνθρωπος.”
Moenir calls out.

Aina nods,
“Tis good then, I shall give you a double helping.”

OOC:[quote=“Runa, post:1383, topic:48617”]
Jcton controls Aina(who may or may not be NPCs) or the Big Names in Gathens(Which I personally count as high-profile NPCs)
[/quote]

Big Names are definitely npcs. I honestly don’y what I would call Aina, she’s a PC as long as we stay in Gathens maybe? IDK.

1 Like

The inkeeper smiles and looks back down at her book. “Alright then.” She said.

The man thinks for a moment, then lets down a rope. “Συνδέστε το σκάφος σας και σηκώστε εδώ!” He replies.

“Thank ye.” Sarah says. “Need help settin’ the table’r anythin?”

Moenir ties up his boat and swiftly climbs up the rope.
“Ήρθα με νέα.”

Aina smiles.
“any help is welcome help.”

“Mum? Mill? Miss? Miss! Yes Miss. May I ask what you are reading?”

“Από …” He stops for a moment. “Μιλάτε Nikidian?” He asks.

Sarah nods and starts to help set up.

“Oh, just a simple lil thing.” She answers. “Imperial Travels, it’s called. ‘bout a man travelling around the ol’ Sadnaed Empire when it was still 'round.”

“Sound interesting. Is there a library nearby where one could find a copy?”

“Yup. Go up on the second level o’th’city, right near the park, you’ll see the library.” She tells him.

“Thank you very much miss, it has been too long since I have been in library.” He said, then he left the establishment, following her directions.

In time, he’d come across the raised grassy terrace she called the garden, upon the roof of what seemed to be the city hall, surrounded by buildings, one of which had a sign reading “Kenasa Community Library/Bibliothèque communautaire de Kenasa”

OOC: I’ll post a map…thing, for the city of Kenasa, in the signup right directly.

Haful entered the building, entering into the welcome smell of old books.

OOC: how big is this library? About 1000? Or more like 10,000 books, which would be more like a countywide library.

OOC: Probably 10,000. Kenasa is a pretty large city with a decent sized surrounding countryside,and houses books of many languages, primarily in Marsadan and Nikidian, with some odd ones in the languages of other surrounding nations, and a select few in a certain almost dead language at the time.

IC:
He’d see a few people inside, at tables or searching the shelves, and a relatively young man sitting at the librarian’s desk. He might also see a few outside in the park, especially around the central fountain, reading some of the books.

OOC: Okay, so still not huge, but a floor or two.

Haful looked for the librarian.

He’d see the young man at the librarian’s desk, pouring over a few papers.

OOC: Yup, about one full floor with a sort of half-floor above, like the kind with a hole in the middle part with a rail.

“Excuse me sir? Could you direct me to the history section?” He asked.

He looks up. “Sure!” He says smiling with a slight Nikidian accent, pointing up to the top balconies. “Over there, you’ll see the sign.”

“Je parle le nikidien, le gathénien et le marsadien, toutes les langues de travail importantes pour lesquelles je peux le parler.”
He responds in Nikidian, though his own Nikidian was a bit broken but clear.
“mon information est de la plus haute importance.”

Aina finishes the preparations and goes to help Sarah finish setting up the table.

The sailor nods and leads him into the captain’s quarters, where Admiral Balthus sees him. “Et êtes-vous l’informateur dont on m’a parlé?” He asks.

Sarah continues to help, until the table is set.