Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“Really?” She asked. “Y’know I can prolly buy myself a dress if I need ta.” She said, surprised by the offer.

Lillan perked up at the sound of fancy clothes.
“I’ll come along!” He said, quite uncharacteristically eager. “I mean, uh, if that’s alright with you.”

Ryko poked his head out of the door.
“Suits? Fancy stuff? You fellas have fun. That ain’t my thing.”

Louisa continues to stare at the ceiling, as she had been doing since returning to the building. “I just stared death in ze face. 'Ow am I supposed to be feeling?”

“I would assume pretty good.” He said. “I mean, you faced this woman, you faced death, as you called her, and came out of it without a scratch. Surely that must mean something good, yes?” He asked.

Louisa frowns. “You know, sometimes I wonder if ze people in zis country haven’t lost a few marbles. First you start a revolution, now you talk like zis…”

“No insult meant,” she adds after a beat. “But excuse me if I don’t share your sunny outlook. Sure, I got away once. But what happens when she finds me again? What then? What then…”

“Maybe we have.” He says. “But, at the same time, maybe you’re just…pess-…Passi…” He tries to think of the word.

“Pessimistic.” Sean says, guessing what Hans was trying to say.

“Yes, that. And now that you got away, you make sure that next time you meet, you come out on top.” Hans tells her. “Because you have backup now. You have us, you have our friends throughout the city, and you surely have our friends over in Gathens, whenever they return. My point being, we’ll make sure you make it out of the next time, and that she doesn’t.”

“Mm.” Louisa doesn’t exactly sound convinced. What exactly could these people do?

“You, uh, do some reading, right?” she asks, sitting up slightly to face Hans.

“A bit.” Hans admits. “Why do you ask?”

Moenir looks back up at Sarah, “Well… I figured since I’ll also be looking for clothes… it would be easier for one person to handle the transactions… and you don’t really speak Gathenian all that well… so it would make sense for me to pay for it, since I would be with you anyways.”

He hears Lillan and nods, “That should be fine… I think…”
He looks back at Sarah, “Is that fine?”

1 Like

“You wouldn’t happen to have read something…” she frowns, searching for the words. “About her. Things like her?” Her frown deepens. “Things that aren’t dead.” She shakes her head, still unhappy with her word choice.

Sarah thinks. “Yeah, that’s fine.” She said. “But I get to pick it out. I may not like dresses, but I’d rather pick out m’own, if I have to wear one.”

“Things that…aren’t dead?” Hans asks. Before it hits him. “Oh, like…like undead? Vampires, or ghouls? Surely you can’t be…” He starts, before shutting up, seeing how she was reacting.

Louisa nods vigorously, sitting fully upright as her frown clears.

Oui, oui. Like zose things.”

Moenir nods, “…Of course…and I’ll pick out my own suit…”

Moenir glances back at Lillan, “Yeah, you can come.”

“Oh. You’re saying she’s like…that?” He asks.

Sean sighs, almost audibly, at the thought.

Sarah smiles. “Alright then, sounds good. Let’s go.”

Oui,” she says, nodding again. “But your books will have some way to stop her, right?”

“Garlic, steak-”

“Stakes.” Sean corrected. “The pointy wood ones, not the meat.”

“Right, stakes.” Hans corrected. “Um…sun? I don’t know.”

“She isn’t undead.” Sean said. “She’s just good at making people think she is. But lets be honest, an undead corpse would still have more life in it that she does.” He says, a small chuckle escaping from him.

If Louisa hears Sean’s joke, she doesn’t show it.

“Garlic, stakes… not the sun, I saw her in the sun…” she murmurs the two to herself again, trying to commit them to memory. “Anything else?”

Moenir smiles, “Well, then I take it we should go to some of the best places my home can offer.”

He takes off leading the way, although a bit stiff in his step.

“A gun.” Sean buts in, serious this time. “She’s not undead. There’s no such thing as the undead, she’s just good at making people scared. A bullet to the skull will do the same to her as to the rest of us.”

Sarah follows him, not sure if she was looking forwards to dress shopping or not.

Louisa fixes him with a stern glare. “Oh really? Are you ze one from ze Nikidian army? Are you ze one who stared her in ze eyes just today? I thought not. Besides, it’s good to be sure about zese things.”