Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(RP Topic)

“No, but I’m a man of knowledge, all of which leans to the side of undead not existing.” Sean counters.

Moenir heads down a few streets and winding alleys, before he stops at a two story building. It was simple in structure, similar to his own home. On the first floor was a shop filled with clothes, there were many dresses and casual clothes, as well as suits for men.

Louisa scoffs, standing. “You don’t have any garlic here, do you?”

Javier Velazquez just so happens to be one of the current patrons of the shop. He was simply perusing the shopping district while waiting to set sail once again. For the most part it was an exercise in boredom; he had little interest in the fancy suits sold here, and even less interest in parting with his hard-earned coin to attain one. Still, it was something to do while in port.

1 Like

Sean rolled his eyes. “Check the kitchen.” He sighed.

Sarah walked into the shop, perusing its dresses for one she might like, or at least might tolerate enough to wear to the meeting.

Moenir, who was probably dressed in rags could be seen looking at the suits. He glances at Sarah when she walks in, his face seemed like he was either looking for her, or seeing that she made it in, but there was certainly some form of worry on it, despite his attempts to hide it.

He coughs into his hands and continues looking at the suits.

She nods, vanishing into the next room. The sound of cabinets and drawers opening might drift into the next room as she searches through their stores, muttering to herself in Nikidian the whole time.

She catches Javier’s attention almost immediately. Well, perhaps this won’t have been for nothing after all. He drifts across the store in her direction, adjusting his hat.

Sarah hears the cough and turns to look for the source. She sees him, then shoots him a look, before turning back to the dresses, when she sees Javier. She looks at him suspiciously, then goes back to looking for a dress.

Javier greets her with a wide, friendly smile. He steps towards her with a bow, sweeping his hat in front of him with a flourish.

“I don’t believe we have been introduced,” he says, replacing his hat upon his head. “I am Javier Velazquez. And you?”

Moenir feels a chill on his spine and looks back at Sarah, holding a suit jacket. He sees Javier and eyes him, with a slight glare in his eyes. He turns back getting the rest of the ensemble with a more careless and rushed manner.

Sarah takes a step back, surprised he was speaking Marsadan. “Um…Sarah. Sarah Williams.” She said, confused.

OOC: Uhhhh… Marsadan is a common trade language? :stuck_out_tongue:

IC: “It’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss Williams.” His accent is slight, but noticeable. “I don’t imagine you’re from around here, if I may be so bold?”

1 Like

“No.” She said, still looking at dresses. “I’m from Kenasa. I’m just…a tourist.” She lied.

Javier nods. “Ah, I see. I can’t say I’ve ever been to Kenasa, though I hear it is quite the beautiful city, like the people who call it home. I have been wanting to go for some time now… perhaps now I finally have occasion to do so.”

Moenir takes the suit he chooses, it was just a plain black suit that he haphazardly found. He looks at Javier again, gauging if he was some sort of threat. Moenir being particularly wary walks over to Javier and says in marsadan,
“Is there something I can help you with?”

While she was a bit put off by his advances, Sarah saw an opportunity here. “I don’t know, it’s a bit…dangerous. There’s been some uprisings there, actually. Trying to reinstate to old country of Kena.” She found a few dresses she liked and kept them in mind for when this man stopped pestering her long enough for her to find the dressing room.

“Hm?” Javier glances at Moenir, distracted enough to only just catch Sarah’s response. For a moment his head swivels back and forth between the two, trying to decide who to reply to first.

“Javier Velazquez, at your service,” he says, offering his hand to Moenir. “You wouldn’t happen to be a friend of Miss Williams here, would you?”

Moenir takes his hand and shakes it. He smiles and narrows his eyes, slightly cocking his head to the side like a gear. His green eyes state directly at Javier for a few seconds as he held his hand.
“I’m at least that.” He said smiling in a calm voice, although his words felt off, almost defensive.

Bueno! A pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mister…” He pauses, waiting for Moenir to supply his name.

“Yes, Moenir here’s my friend.” Sarah said. “Now if you boys 'scuse me, I’m’a go try this on.” She says, picking out a dress and going to the changing room.

Lillan followed Moenir into the shop.