Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(Signup and Discussion)

Accepted

1 Like

Name: Jen (Jenkins) Houzten, Boatswain of the Bloodmoon Devils (the guy who pilots the ship)
Nationality: His origin is from Nurwen, which Iā€™m guessing is called a ā€œNurwenianā€
Appearance: Small, stout, long blond hair, a large nose and a snarky tempers. Seems to be mostly sarcasticā€¦mostly, and very well built. Dresses in rough clothing, made to hold and last for a while, treasures his bandanna that has the bloodmoon skull painted upon it.
Weapons: a musket and cutlass, though heā€™s good at tying rope and knows plenty of knots.
**Bio:**A pirateā€™s life forā€¦ehā€¦ Jen has always been a sailor for as long as he remembered, he joined the Bloodmoon Devils mainly to survive. He keeps his past mostly quiet and only wants his next drink and paycheck.

1 Like

Accepted.

1 Like

Name: Admiral Balthus
Nationality: Nikidia
Appearance: Nikidian navy uniform, adorned with medals and an ornate admiral hat.
Weapons/Materials: a rapier, a dagger, and two pistols.
Bio/Personality: Heā€™s cold and prideful, and a ruthless fighter.

1 Like

Name: Kasandra, or Kasie (Kay-see)
Nationality: Dezima
Weapons: small, one-handed crossbow, longbow, various arrows with different effects. (Grappling arrow, fire arrow, poison arrow, heavy arrow.) She also carries a short-sword.
Appearance: Short, with short dark brown hair, with red highlights. She has big brown eyes and is innocent looking.
Bio/Personality: An accomplished thief and pick-pocket, as well as an archer, Kasie likes to travel around to different cities, to steal from different people and citizens. She collects one coin from each city she travels to, and the rest she uses for other needs. She is sneaky and deceptive, but she can be fierce when needed.

1 Like

Accepted

1 Like

Name: Louisa Marc
Nationality: Nikidia

Appearance: A slight woman, she has dark hair and vivid green eyes. Her clothing is mis-matched and poorly fitting. Her face and eyes tend to be covered by a large floppy hat.
Weapons/Materials: A simple rapier worn at her waist in a poorly-fitting sheath, a flintlock rifle worn on a sling over her back, both of which are surprisingly well-kept.

Personality: Louisa is a solitary person by nature, engaging in conversations mostly for the fun of verbal sparring. Needless to say, there are few people she likes and even fewer she trusts.

Bio: Louisa has nothing to do with the Nikidian military. How could she? She obviously isnā€™t working for them, so that would make her, what? A deserter? How preposterous. A cheap and quiet ticket out of the city would be nice, though, now that you mention it. Yeah, sheā€™s totally a deserter from the Nikidian military trying to get as far away as possible, if thatā€™s okay.

3 Likes

Accepted.

2 Likes

Name: Valentine Fysher

Nationality:Ascal (an archipelago located northwards of Marsada only really known for itā€™s exports of lobsters and armour, it has a pirate problem and people from Ascal are called Ascains).

Appearance:

Weapons/Materials: A heavy suit of steel armour with a layer of brass over it, the armour features a tinted glass porthole affixed in place of a visor, in terms of weaponry Valentineā€™s suit features two sharp crab-like claws that can be used as cestuses or katar, they also work surprisingly well a tearing into wooden structures such as the hull of a ship.A lead weight is worn as a sort of necklace

Personality: Valentine is a thrill seeker, this usually gets him into problems which he can get out with either with brute strength or by playing dirty. He can take a surprising amount of punishment too and in a life or death situation he can be expected to use any opportunity to get a leg up in combat.

Bio: Valentine from a young age got into a lot of fist fights, usually winning them he eventually got a job from a sailor called Rowland Fane who got Valentine doing salvage work, ripping up shipwrecks for anything valuable and for a time all was good, then Valentine started using his headā€¦he was doing salvage work quite oftenā€¦the waters werenā€™t that treacherous. When he confronted Rowland about this he threatened to toss him back out into the world if he didnā€™t keep salvaging. And thatā€™s how Valentine killed his first man before opting to become a mercenary.

1 Like

Accepted.

Though for convenience on my part Iā€™m taking ā€˜northā€™ to mean ā€˜northwestā€™

1 Like

Fine by me

1 Like

Name: Riku Watanabe
Nationality: Janap
Appearance:

Weapons/Materials:
Twin Katanas
Samurai armour
Leader of a small clan
Bio/Personality:
Riku is the leader of the samurai fiju Clan, his men dress like him and will follow him to the end, he is old and wise but still a good fighter

Iā€™ve wanted to join this for a while but I also wanted something new

Uhā€¦

But thatā€™s a real country.

On a fake world.

If you look at the big map, thereā€™s a bunch of countries with names, but no real culture to them. Try one of those.

Like the island to the west of Rimaria, Janap. Or Minprov. Or something, but no real-world countries. Real world inspired? Sure, most of them are. Real countries? Sorry, but no.

Is it better now?

what is leader?

I shouldā€™ve probably explained it more, better?

this pleases me

1 Like

ā€¦accepted, reluctantly. Iā€™ll trust you with the clan same way I trust Jcton with his pirate crew.

with a watchful eye. I donā€™t want another CIA incident.

4 Likes

Thanks for accepting and donā€™t worry

No one is telling me I have to take something for continuity reasons

@Runa

1 Like

so basically leave them out for most of the RP, unless theyā€™re a named character? Exceptions being ship battles, where they operate the ship during battle, etcā€¦

3 Likes