Cusp of a New Era: Stories of a Changing Time(Signup and Discussion)

[s]Discord formatting doesn’t work here. you have to use the [/s ], not the ~~ ~~.

1 Like

I get tired sometimes alright

1 Like

@Runa

Just to let you know, Lillan is also in that area where the sailor found Kasie and Sarah.

hint hint wink wink

2 Likes

Alright.

Actually, speaking of, how do you pronounce Lillan? Is it with the double “L” sound you’d hear in Spanish, or the English sound for the double “L?”

Basically, is it “Lee-an” or “Lil-an?”

or is it Lil-lahn?

1 Like

Never really thought about it…
I like Lee-ahn.

2 Likes

Do we have a not-Spain yet? dangit guys, I don’t have time to come up with a not-Spain… :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Um, correcting myself here, both instances of “Dulhen” in this post were meant to be Darsa. Sorry.[quote=“jayzor17, post:107, topic:48583, full:true”]
Do we have a not-Spain yet? dangit guys, I don’t have time to come up with a not-Spain.
[/quote]

Not yet. We have a:
Not Greece(Gathens)
Not Britain(Marsada)
Not France(Nikidia)
Not-Germany(Imilli)
unofficially a not-Poland and a not-Lithuania(Norsor and Fretrin)
and whatever Dezima’s supposed to be.
And Nurwen probably has some Nordic inspiration, come to think of it.

2 Likes

lol

Hmm… so Ardonia is up for grabs? That seems like an interesting place to replicate Spain’s mix of cultures, though it would kind of be reversed. The name of the country even has a nice Spanish sound to it not that the cities do

1 Like

Not really, I don’t think. It was originally @Wolf_Pack’s country that he added, and all the development he gave it was it was in a civil war.

Though being attached to a different continent as well, it would probably have a bit of influence from Nasilia’s cultures, though could still be similar to Sadnadia’s.
…It might be a better Turkey, Though Spain could work as well. He hasn’t been on in a while, so you might be able to get away with is.

If it was his I can work with something else. Looking at a larger picture, maybe Saylania or Creetoria?

1 Like

Creetoria could work, or so could Lewrell if you wanted.

Saylania though is also an odd case, though, in a similar way to Dezima, so probably not.

I figured as much, with the giant tree. :stuck_out_tongue:

I think I’ll go with Creetoria.
EDIT: In which case I’d imagine the southern areas of Sadnadia having a culture pretty divorced from the northern places we’re in, with Creetoria being one of the farthest places north to show influence from it.

and I’m totally not about to make a Creetorian swashbuckler to join the gang in Gathens…

1 Like

Um…Creetoria is in southern Sadnadia. And so are Gathens and Kena and Marsada and stuff.

But yes, northern Sadnadia would have a culture pretty different from southern, and more exposed to Nasilian culture. It would be like Sadnadia’s Eastern Europe

1 Like

looks at map

Am I missing a compass rose or something? Ohh, I guess south of that it’s a new continent? So what I’m really trying to say is that Creetoria (and probably the island nations to the south) would’ve had an influence from an older Rimarian culture who managed to push north along the coast?

1 Like

Oh, in that case, yes. And Rimaria and Sadnadia are different continents separated primarily by those southern mountains, kinda like Europe and Asia. Not a lot of influence would come through those, but some, definitely, with Creetoria being the most effected, primarily by the island nations in that little archipelago, only one of which has a loose country connection, though even that was elaborated on so little it may as well not have happened.

1 Like

So I have some ideas on how the history of Creetoria and the rest of the archipelago could mirror the history of Spain, something that I just spent the last half hour refreshing myself and taking notes on, but I also should really get some sleep. Funny how that works. :stuck_out_tongue: I’ll have to get to that tomorrow.

2 Likes

Alright, cool.

Just remember it doesn’t have to match up one-to-one, so you have some creative liberty to play around with.

1 Like

Does the desert to the north have s name and language?