Cyber-Hand's Forge

I am happy to say with absolute certainty that he is alive. The details are very personal to him so I will leave @Cyber-Hand to explain them in his own time. But the general summarization is that life hasn’t been easy in the slightest and it’s what has caused him to be offline and delayed in his orders. I hope you are doing well, @Cyber-Hand, we are all very worried about you.

12 Likes

I hope he enjoyed his stay here as much as we did. Thank you and good bye.

Does anyone know how to get the file from the MoUP? Cyberhand closed his etsy page and I needed the file now😕

I do believe that I have the file from when it was up on his store. I would just have to find it

4 Likes

It’s been ages since I’ve checked up on this topic, but I just wanted everyone to know. Shapeways seems to no longer be offering Matte Gold, Black Acrylic, or Hi-Def Acrylate anymore among other materials. Announcing Materials Updates | Shapeways 3D Printing Forums If you were holding out for whatever reason, you’re out of many of the previous options. Not just for Cyberhand’s products, but in Shapeways products in general.

4 Likes

Thanks for the heads up. What do you guys recommend for a MoUP and Vahi?

2 Likes

For me, because I was on a budget, I went with the plain plastic. Orange for the Vahi and Yellow for the MoUP. They’re very good quality products and Shapeways tracks the package containing your purchase and supply you with the tracking number so you can see its progress. And, just for sake of completion, they do accept PayPal transactions.

The masks are really good quality and are a lot of fun.

2 Likes

If you have the money, the gold steel options are great for pedestals. Black premium versatile for the MoUP if it’s going on a Makuta, orange for the Vahi, and I suppose if you’re painting any color works although I would recommend a polished option so the paint holds better.

3 Likes

After reading Torque’s comment I remembered a rule of thumb for these: if you want to be able to put them on Bionicle figures, do not get metal ones; they will be a nuisance to put on and take off the heads and thus are to be primarily used as display pieces.

If you want playability, get the plastic ones as those will not cause problems with putting them on or taking them off.

2 Likes

Yeah definitely avoid the metal ones on any heads. RolloutReview’s YT review on his MoUPs actually demonstrates how to properly fit them on to a pedestal if that’s your plan. Just as a precaution, regardless of the material you pick, they need to be placed on in a very specific manner as to not damage any of your parts. So if you go the pedestal route, check his video.

3 Likes

Thanks for the insight, guys. I am planning on using the masks on some characters (I.e. JTO Makuta), so I won’t get the metal versions. What plastic material would get the most detail?

2 Likes

If you want to paint it and have the money, the frosted detailed option. If you dont want to paint, then the premium verstile is the second best and the color won’t matter, that’d just be up to you.

1 Like

Do you own the ONO printer? And do you recommend it? Thanks!

Also, your masks look great! I wish I could afford one T_T

Thanks! I’ll definitely use this info when ordering. :slight_smile:

Personally, I just got the plain plastic. It’s pretty durable and for color; it comes down to personal preference.

2 Likes

Did you end up finding the file? I also hold interest in getting my hands on it.

1 Like

Yes I did end up finding the file. Unfortunately, the computer that I had the file on had died on me a while ago and I have not looked into trying to access the information from the dead computer. I was mainly waiting to get a replacement for my computer to look into accessing the files again, if I can at all.

I will see what I can do when I get the chance.

5 Likes

anyone have pictures of black premium versatile plastic, smooth fine detail plastic mask? i really wonder about quaility compared with Black High Definition Acrylate

2 Likes

This is the best pic there is to offer atm. Hopping on here again to check in. Buying myself the titan scale in the premium because it’s the best option they’ve got currently, and I don’t want to wait for them to remove any more options while I’m not looking. I’ll post a comparison to the regular nylon MoUP I have when it gets here.

2 Likes

I would also be interested in getting the stl file.