Destiny!

So, about a year later. I now have nine or ten exotic weapons, and even more armors, have three characters over level 20 (and two over level 30, one of which is maxed out). I have almost all the VoG weapons, and a few from Crota. Ive beaten both raids at least ten times, and I’ve beaten every PoE boss except for Skolas.

If you’re curious, my characters are:

Level 34 Hunter, maxed both subclasses

Level 32 Warlock, nearly maxed Sunsinger

Level 25 Titan, Halfway to maxing out Defender

5 hours left until The Taken King drops. I for one am PUMPED! How excited are you, and what are you excited about the most?

I AM INCREDIBLY EXCITED

Been looking forward to this for ages. I love Destiny and it’s going to be great to have new things to do again. What subclasses do you guys plan on leveling up first?

Also, just as a reminder, if any Xbox One players would like to raid, chat, or generally hang out with other TTV Fans along with myself and Eljay on Destiny. shoot me a PM and I’ll add you to our Skype chat.

-Mesonak

3 Likes

I have a question, did this game get any better after the patch? or is it still the same grind fest with no story? :C

The answer to this question will honestly depend on your willingness to buy DLC. :stuck_out_tongue:

A significant number of improvements have been made to Destiny’s gameplay in order for it to be less frustrating. Grinding is still a focus, don’t get me wrong, but the loot drop algorithm has been rectified with Taken King in order to take into account what you already own and give you drops accordingly. It’s not foolproof, but you should get more of what you want and less of what you already own/already have. That being said, if the grinding irritated you… well, it still exists. It’s much more enjoyable playing with others though!

A ton of other stuff has been streamlined and altered on the gameplay side of things but I won’t really get into all that because it’d take a while to explain the intricacies.

On the story side of things… The base game was terrible, the first DLC was pretty mediocre, the second DLC was pretty good, and the newest expansion, The Taken King, appears to be delivering what people expected the first time. An actual cast of characters, a less abstract main conflict, cinematic cutscenes, no Peter Dinklage… it looks to be a pretty good package.

If you haven’t kept up with Destiny I would deifnitely recommend giving TTK a shot. You can buy it plus the base game and the two DLC packs for $60 in the TTK Legendary Edition. It’s a great deal yo

-Mesonak

2 Likes

oh man :C

well that’s nice

I should’ve bought this game a year later from what it sounds like :confused:

also, I think this may be just me me but whenever I tried to enter the tower or multiplayer I got kicked immediately unless someone else was the head of the party

IDK, maybe I’ll try to reawaken my slumbering guardian as well as all my friends who left a month after launch since we’ve been playing MCC for a while

but thanks Meso for the response :slight_smile:

o_O Never heard of that happening before; that’s pretty irritating, lol.

I’d go for it. If you decide to get TTK, lemme know if you want to be added to the Destiny chat. :smiley:

-Mesonak

1 Like

yeah, so I’ve had a distaste for Destiny since the beginning :laughing:

oh god, I haven’t gone on skype in a while

I think I’ll get it a little later, Halo 5 currently has the priority, so if/when I do get it, it’ll be a little later (probably when it’s cheaper) I’ll see what the community says first

but yeah, I may get it at some point, I’ve just been burned by games before, so I’m gonna wait a bit

I am quite pumped for TTK. This is actually a surprise if you know me, considering that a four or so hour attempt at Prison of Elders burnt me out for about 4 or so months.

But I am quite honestly looking forward to this. A bunch of new weapons I’m interested in, as well as the added play value. Gonna be a blast.

1 Like

I’m excited for TTK. It’s gonna be great.

1 Like

Theres a Destiny chat?

Also, as an Xbox player, the Monte Carlo is my new favorite exotic.

Also,
#NIGHTSALKER IS AMAZIN HOLY LJDFGAKJGKJDAGSFJSAHLFGSDH

@SammySpartan There is. You’re on Xbone, right? If you ever want to play with us, let one of us know.

Thanks mate. I’ll let you know. My GT is SammySpartan17.

Lol, anyone still on Ps3? :stuck_out_tongue:

So

New raid teaser

It comes tomorrow

So, I’ve started playing Destiny again a few days ago, I restarted my character just for the full experience, and I’m pretty happy with the changes they’ve made. Factions are not so annoying since you can get Vangaurd/Crucible reps alongside faction reps. The new quest system is pretty convenient with the tracking. I’m not really sold on the replacement for dinklebot, but I understand they had to do it in order to get the dialogue done when they needed it.

I’m a level fourteen warlock, on PS3. I doubt anyone’s on last gen, but if you are, send me a PM if you’re looking to form a fireteam. :thumbsup:

If anyone wants to raid, hit me up on the PS4: Toaborox13

So, ah, this happened.

2 Likes

That was hilarious! (Also, to anybody wondering it happens at about 4:00)

well it is undying isn’t it laughs by myself