DI/GECO CR-5056A "Arrowhead" Dreadnought

GENERAL INFORMATION:

This is the DI/GECO CR-5056A Arrowhead-Class Dreadnought. It is the successor to the Sagitta-Class Battlecruiser, and as such has many of the same design principles as its predecessor. It is an all-around capital ship that can be a launching platform for starfighter operations while still being able to hold its own against attacking capital ships. The Arrowhead-Class has an added focus on anti-capital ship weaponry in the form of new high yield DI/GECO proton torpedo launch tubes.

SPECIFICATIONS:

DIMENSIONS:
Length: 5800m

Width: 5000m

Height: 975m

HYPERDRIVE:
-Primary: One DG-HD-8650-10 Class 0.95 Hyperdrive
-Backup: Two DG-HD-8630-7 Class 2 Hyperdrives

PROPULSION:
-14 DG-IE-4096-21 Ion Engines
-Eight DG-IE-5056-9 Group Ion Engine Arrays
-Two DG-IE-4100-15 Ion Engines

OTHER MEANS OF TRAVEL: None

MAXIMUM ACCELERATION: 2,500 G

POWER GENERATION:
-Primary: Double DG-PG-2048-13 Fusion Reactors
-Secondary: None

ARMAMENT:
-275 heavy turbolaser batteries
-275 turbolasers batteries
-180 turbolasers
-150 point-defense laser cannons
-125 heavy ion cannons
-10 DG-HYM-3072-5 “DI/GECO MkIII Proton Torpedo” launch tubes (Carries 50 DG-HYM-3072-5 torpedoes)
-30 DG-HYM-2048-3 “DI/GECO MkII Proton Torpedo” launch tubes (Carries 300 DG-HYM-2048-3 torpedoes)
-50 DG-HYM-1024-6 “DI/GECO MkI Proton Torpedo”/Krupx Munitions MG7-A proton torpedo launch tubes (Carries 250 torpedoes)
-50 tractor beam projectors.
-NOTE: Point-defense laser cannons and proton torpedo guidance systems are controlled by the ship’s computer. All ship guns can be controlled by the ship’s computer if need be, but this will make the computer struggle to do its other tasks.

COMPLEMENT SHIPS (Starfighers, shuttles, transports, etc.): Varies from ship to ship; Standard starfighter complement is 16 squadrons. If carrying only T-65 X-Wing starfighters, its maximum capacity is 336 X-Wings (28 squadrons).

MAIN HANGER BAYS: 20 small hanger bays, ten medium hanger bays, and two large hanger bays on the dorsal side, with four large hanger bays within the massive hanger facility on the ventral hull. There are also an additional two small hanger bays and a medium hanger bay along both the starboard and the port sides of the ship, with the small hanger bays being partially obscured from direct fire by ship superstructure.

CARGO CAPACITY: 108,000 metric tons

CREW:
-Normal Operation: 43,500
-Minimum: 2,175

COST: 350,375,000 Credits (Cost is relatively low because most of the ship is built using materials and parts DI/GECO itself mines and manufactures)

PICTURES:

Aerial front left view:

Aerial back right view:

Front view:

Left view:

Back view:

Top view:

Bottom view:

Size comparison with between a DG-CR-5056A, DG-CR-4096A, and two Imperial-II Class Star Destroyers:

Rendering engine used is BlueRender. You can find it here.
Any and all constructive criticism/feedback is welcome.

30 Likes

The slant on the wings is very impressive but there’s a lot lacking in detail I think. Adding some physical guns and armour plating ect might make it more visually interesting.

First off, fantastic work. Second, I would add some tiles to the open studs on the top, it just looks too rough in it’s current state.

Thank you both for the feedback. Regarding adding physical guns, the model is simply too small to add them. The ship is 5.8 km long, however the actual model is something like 30-40 cm long and as such all of the guns on this ship are smaller than a stud at the scale this ship is built at.
The scale the ship is built at is also why there aren’t plates covering all of the visible studs on the dorsal hull, very few Star Wars capital ships have smooth hulls. Most capital ships have small bumps and ridges along the hull, giving them a somewhat rough look from a distance. That being said, the main reason there aren’t plates covering those dorsal studs is because LDD doesn’t have plates in the right shapes to cover them in an aesthetically pleasing manner and using the ones that LDD does have would make it look overly bulky in my opinion.

Shaping is absolutely amazing. I love it

Don’t like the amount of studs. Doesn’t look very sleek.

I know there are studs visible on the dorsal hull and that they make the ship not look “sleek.” See the second half of my last comment for why the studs are visible.

If you want a shorter answer, here you go:
Star Wars capital ships of the Galactic Civil War era aren’t exactly known for looking “sleek.” Mon Cal cruisers are the only ones that could be considered “sleek” during that era.

Shame, makes it looks more clunky.

Geico. Save 15% or more when you switch today